Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Re: Juan Eastcreek's Training Log Extravaganza!
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:24 am 

Monday, June 5th

STRENGTH

Barbell Curls
45x10
65x3
85x11,5,5
= 21 reps (Up 5lbs) (Down 3 reps)

Reverse Curls
45x5
60x20 (Up 6 reps)

Seated Calf Raises
95x5
140x12*
140x50

Back Extensions
40x20 (Up 10lbs)

Squat
45x5x3
135x3
175x8 (Up 20lbs)
115x20 (Up 10lbs)

Side Raises
47.5x20 (Up 2.5lbs)

Side Plank
40 seconds (Up 5 seconds)

CARDIO

Swings
30x30 (Up 5 reps)

Walk high incline for 15 minutes, walk normal for 5 minutes.

Notes
The seated calf machine weighed a lot different by itself at this gym than the other one, so I have no idea how much of an increase or decrease in weight it was. The machine by itself was 95lbs, so I knew I was using 140 for the reps, but still.

Here's the second part on the chaos and pain series on benching. Very cool stuff, mostly showing a couple different beching routines by people who are really good at it:

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... ing-2.html

This guy especially had some cool stuff about it.

Quote:
"The approach is the part of the lift where you bring the bar down to your chest. This is important because done properly it sets up the rest of the lift for hitting the groove. Remember to stay very tight during the approach, do not relax at your chest. The negatives will help here."

"When the bench command is given, the drive part of the lift begins. Practice pause benching in the gym because good habits are hard to break as well as bad habits. Also, injury can come from sloppy form, so always train as if a judge is watching. If you are stuck at your chest, perhaps you are forgetting a very strong and important body part at your disposal—your BACK. Remember the bench press is an upper body exercise and your back is part of your upper body. Powerlifters generally have very strong lats, so why not use them? With 135 on the bar, practice using your lats to drive the weight off of your chest. You do this by initiating a lat spread of sorts at the bottom of the lift. Trying is believing. It really works and with practice your lats will drive any weight off of your chest you would normally have been stuck with. Since powerlifters train their backs, only the lifters who strictly bench need to do special back exercises. I recommend doing lat pull downs and cable seated rows for building the muscles necessary for the drive part of the bench press. Those of you with strong backs need only to work the correct form, getting used to driving with the back."

"The push is that part of the lift between the drive and the lockout. Momentum is obtained from the lats in the drive, and then the front deltoids must take control. Front deltoids will move the weight, so train them as a separate body part. Steep incline presses will isolate the front delt if the bar is kept in close to your face and driven back towards the uprights. Seated dumbbell presses are not only great for the delts, but also one of my favorite exercises. This is performed seated straight up driving the weight with palms forward 3 sets of 5 reps on both of these exercises is plenty. Also only train them once a week. I have trained this way for three years, each body part once a week and made maximum gains on every cycle. This type of training also keeps injury to a minimum."

"Now we come to one of the most frustrating parts of the bench press, the lockout. I have seen many lifters miss what appeared to be an easy lift, right at the top. There are two reasons for missing a lift at lockout; fatigue, which can cause bad form, or not enough tricep strength. If your gym does not have a dip bar, tell the owner to get one. Weighted dips are the best exercise for lockout power available. Close grip benching puts too much strain on the wrists and hinders complete tricep movement. Doing weighted dips with heavy weight, however, will not guarantee a powerful lockout. Remember the other reason I stated for missing a lockout? Fatigue. I had pushed 3 sets of 3 reps with 285lbs in the weighted dips in training, yet I was having a lockout problem. After a lot of thought I realized my problem was not strength, but tricep fatigue. My triceps were pumping too fast. To correct this problem I dropped the weight on the bench after doing negatives, down to 405 and did reps until failure. By the time I could perform 10 easy reps, my sticking point was gone. Now, I am not saying you should drop to 405, but 80% of your maximum lift is a good place to start. For example the 400lb bench presser would start with 320 to 325ls and try that for a week or two."(Rick Weil Bench Press Routine)

Vic_Vega wrote:
Soon you'll be a pharmacy wizard, and you'll be jacked. Who would want to fuck with that? A crazy man, that's who.

"albinofreak620 wrote:
Yo Kroc, we heard you like lifting so we put muscles in your muscles so you can lift while you lift.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:11 am 

Tuesday, June 5th

Weight = 257.4

STRENGTH

Box Jumps
3boxesx3
6boxesx3
9boxesx3
11boxesx3x5 (Up 1 box)

Knee Tucks
10x3

Neck Bridges (On feet, hands, and neck)
Up, down, and side to side x 10 (Up difficulty) (Down 20 reps)

CARDIO

Hindu Push Ups

Walk 3 min
Run 15 min
Walk 3 min

Notes
I like box jumps!

Kind of weird thing at the gym today. At this other gym, I always see people I know. Ran into another ex-co-worker yesterday for instance. Well today I ran into my dead best friend's little sister. This always makes me feel weird. I talk to her on facebook every now and then, but I haven't seen her in years. I'm both happy to see her because I miss all of his family (spent years with them as a teen and an adult) but it's always tough because it reminds me that my best friend isn't here anymore. To add to the akwardness of it, I was talking to a very, very flexible girl (this was when I was stretching, and the bendy girl was right next to me) when I saw his little sister, but I didn't realize it was her, since I just saw her from behind and was checking out her ass, then she turns around and recognizes me, and I just feel straight up wrong. My best friend had 3 little sisters, all of which are very attractive. Being at their house all the time, I would see them in their underwear, short shorts, ect, realize they have nice bodies, but I never looked at them in that way because they were kind of like my little sisters too. So even though she has a very nice booty, checking out his little sister before I knew it was her definitly made me feel fucking gross.

Fuck, these kids that live below us are screaming at each other again as I type this. Two nights ago they were screaming late at night, last night they were screaming and slamming shit, so I had to go down there and say something. The girl was apologetic, the boyfriend was kind of a dick but after I told him to knock the shit off they kept screaming at each other but weren't slamming the door anymore. I don't know what the deal is, I thought the apartment below us belonged to the maintenance manager, and I'm sure that's his daughter. They would yell at each other all the time too. But now is it just her and her bf? She looks like she's still in high school, he looks a little bit older (burnt out looking kid with a tattoo on his neck). The maintenace guy definitly hasn't been staying there the last couple of nights. Hopefully this shit doesn't keep going on at night, I'm going to end up getting in a fight with the guy.

I don't mind the yelling, just the slamming. The yelling is hilarious. It's muffled, so you just here a couple of key phrases in the midst of it.

Girl: *as I came outside to confront them* "GO EAT A DICK, oh sorry about being loud"

Guy: YOU'RE FUCKING FAKE! YOU DON'T FUCKING LOVE ME!

Girl: I DO LOVE YOU! YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT!

Guy: FUCK THIS, I'M GOING TO MY GRANDMA'S HOUSE!

Lol, I don't know I think it's funny. Looks like I'm ranting about random shit now.

C&B 7 is up, haven't heard it yet:

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... lls-7.html

Vic_Vega wrote:
Soon you'll be a pharmacy wizard, and you'll be jacked. Who would want to fuck with that? A crazy man, that's who.

"albinofreak620 wrote:
Yo Kroc, we heard you like lifting so we put muscles in your muscles so you can lift while you lift.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:00 pm 

Wednesday, June 6th

STRENGTH

Pec Deck Push Press
55x5
70x30 (Up 15lbs)

Smith Military Press
0x10
60x12,10,8
= 30 reps (Up 10lbs) (Down 6 reps)

Close Grip Bench Press
45x10x2
95x5
135x10,8,7
= 25 reps (Up 10lbs) (Down 1 rep)

Shrugs
45x10
135x10
225x5
315x5
395x8 (Up 20lbs)
265x20 (Up 10lbs)

Horizontal Row (Bar at dick height)
= 20 reps (Up 3 reps)

Notes
Got up at 5 to hit the gym before work on this day, as I was busy after work. Didn't do any ab stuff or cardio due to time restraints.

Vic_Vega wrote:

"albinofreak620 wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:41 am 

If any one was searching for the existence of God, they need to look no further.

"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."
- Earl Nightingale

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:51 am 

Pretty much, yeah.

Friday, June 8th

Weight = 259.4

CARDIO

Walk 5 min
Run 16 min
Walk 5 min

Notes
Woke up today, and just didn't feel up to lifting. I had plenty of time to do so before work too, but just didn't feel up to it. Might of been the massage I got yesterday leaving my muscles feeling like they got pretty well worked already, or it might be that I'm reaching the end of my first "blast" and am getting close to needing to take a week or two off (still lifting, but taking more of a back off week). I've read that skipping Friday's workout can be a good thing to do when you get to this point, giving you four days to get a break from the weights.

Also need to dial in my diet better. I've been staying around the same weight which is good, but man I want to say that I've lost 50lbs. Also, seeing my weight so heavy this morning scared me a bit, I'm going to cut calories low on non-lifting days, and keep them a little higher on lifting days. I'm thinking of having two days during my two week cycle of eating a shitload to keep restore leptin levels and let my metabolism keep going, most likely after deadlifts (also because they are hard as shit for me so the extra food will help me recover) and maybe after squats when my squats actually get heavy again.

Today at the gym I didn't want to do shit besides run. I did grab a barbell to fuck around with wide grip upright rows, and Kolokov presses. Both feel good for shoulder exercises, and I might switch them in when I stall on my other shoulder exercises. Was already planning on subbing Kolokov presses when my btn press stalls, might sub the WGHP for smith machine military press.

Vic_Vega wrote:

"albinofreak620 wrote:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:59 pm 

Those Klokov presses are ridic, 100kg for triples in a horrible leverage press? Crazy strength.

Everyone is cheering you on Juan, wanna see you aesthetic as phuck! Just start having daily spinach eating contests, its a surefire way to lose some pounds :mozilla_tongue:

Who's that bird that Skins reposted? I have to see a face!

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:11 am 

Saturday, June 9th

Weight = 256.2

Sunday, June 10th

Weight = 254.6 (Down 1.8lbs)

Notes
Didn't work out on the weekend, but wanted to track my weight. Drank a good amount of alcohol and ate a good amount of food on Sunday night.

I thought this was a good video on working on flexibility. Guy says "like this" about a million times during it:

Vic_Vega wrote:

"albinofreak620 wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:24 am 

Monday, June 11th

Weight = 254.6

STRENGTH

EZ Bar Preacher Curls
25x10
45x5
65x15,6,5
= 26 reps (Up 5lbs) (Down 7 reps)

BTB Wrist Curls
45x20
135x10
160x20 (Up 5lbs)

Donkey Calf Raises
90x5
170x12* (Up 20lbs)
170x50 (Up 20lbs)

Good Mornings
45x10
85x10 (Up 10lbs) (Down 10 reps)

Front Squats
45x5x3
135x1
175x5 (Up 20lbs) (Down 3 reps)
95x8

Overhead Squat
25x10 (Up 5lbs)

Notes

So I drank a bunch the night before, and went to the gym as soon as I woke up from my 4 hour sleep. So like Fry thinks, I don't know if I can blame the crappy workout on alcohol or that my first blast is coming to an end.

Preacher curls were hard, but I'm keeping these curling movements in a 15-20 rep range, so I will still increase the weight next time. Wrist curls and calf raises were fine. Good mornings just felt heavy, which was a first, will keep the exercise at the same weight next time.

Front squats didn't feel too bad on my legs but my grip gave out on me. I wanted to try doing a widowmaker with the front squats today instead of using Bulgarian split squats, since I thought the split squats would kill me. Even though I only used 95lbs, my grip gave out on me again too.

Overhead squats actually felt much better this time. I used the shorter straight bar which allowed for a wider grip, and I got a great stretch in my shoulders using this.

Didn't do any cardio because every single thing I did had me sweating my ass off anyway.

Vic_Vega wrote:

"albinofreak620 wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:42 am 

Tuesday, June 12th

Weight = 257.6 (Up 3lbs)

STRENGTH

Long Jumps
3x5

Squat Jumps
10x3

Neck Bridges (On hands, feet, and head)
Up, down, and side to sidex15 (Up 5 reps)

CARDIO

Walk 3 min
Run 17 min
Walk 3 min

Notes
Could land on my heels this time when doing the long jumps without bothering my ankle, which is great.

Here's another episode of Chaos and Bang, haven't listened to it yet:

http://chaosandpain.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... lls-8.html

Vic_Vega wrote:

"albinofreak620 wrote:

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 am 

juaneastcreek wrote:
Hey man, I just want to say that I know I have a lot of support on here from everybody, and I just want to say thanks so much for that. You've been one of the main guys whose helped me with advice, encouragement, stuff like that, and I just want to say thank you.

Unfortunately, I have no idea who that girl is, I just saw the picture on uberhumor.com and reposted it. Super hot though. Good job on the deadlifts btw.

No worries man, I get a kick out of reading your log, so I try to make sure to 'give back' when it looks like you need it.

I have a client that is reasonably advanced (female) that does one session a week with me, I stole your idea for a widow maker set with split squats to use as a finisher. Safe to say she agrees that they are pretty horrible lol, I've never seen her so gassed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1005 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 101  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs