Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk

Post subject: Mayweather/Cotto 24/7
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:06 am 

Anyone watching these yet? Man I love Mayweather's style, training, and way he hypes the fight. But, holy shit him acting like a ghetto thug is getting real annoying.

Post subject: Re: Mayweather/Cotto 24/7
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:25 am 

WilliamK8987 wrote:
Anyone watching these yet? Man I love Mayweather's style, training, and way he hypes the fight. But, holy shit him acting like a ghetto thug is getting real annoying.

Boring... would love him to get KOd

Goals for Summer 2012
187lbs
130kg Push Press
110kg Log Press
100kg Farmer's Walk
250kg Deadlift
25 One-Arm Press-ups
10 One-Arm Pull-ups
WIN A STRONGMAN COMPETITION!

MY LOG!!!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=64275

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:42 am 

i would love to see more training from the both camps, mebbe their more focused toward the general public as opposed too die hard boxing fans like me self .

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:38 am 

I loved the original theme of 24/7 - showcase Floyd's legendary training intensity.

This season it's just Floyd and 50cent acting like fools, and Cotto talking slowly in to the camera.

not what it used to be

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:44 pm 

Just watched episodes 1 & 2 on YouTube, and my reaction is basically the same as those who have posted in this column. But to reiterate:

1) I, too, wish there was a more serious focus to the program -- one that dealt w/the actual training in greater depth (not only showing it more, but discussing it in detail w/the fighters and trainers). I would find that very interesting. As hard as it is to do, I want to give Floyd genuine credit for his superb commitment to all the difficult physical preparation he puts in before his fights. He's tremendous, and I get the feeling almost all of it originates with Floyd himself (not Roger). Despite all his stupidity and craziness, his work ethic is hardcore.

2) Now having given him his propers, I have to confess (and I'm honestly not a person who enjoys being negative) that I find 'Money May' a rather putrid person. I don't find his ceaseless boasting, trash talking, and foul language funny in the least. He has the mentality of a third grader -- an obnoxious and moronic third grader, that is. I have no interest in Floyd the philosopher, but the viewer is treated to bucketfuls of it. But what grates on me the very most, personally, is when (after constant idiotic behavior) he brings God into it (!) -- like we're to believe that he's also some kind of Christian role model. I (as a Christian) find this repellent, and wish he would just be quiet about that. Terrible reppin' -- not so much in this 24/7 series so far, but plenty of other times.

Summary: Mayweather -- wonderful talent paired with a truly impressive training commitment. Sadly, however, I find most other aspects of him as a human being to be about as bad as his physical attributes are good.

As for Cotto, real respect for his toughness in the ring. Outside of it . . . ? Can't recall anything I found particularly interesting. (Later note: Oh, I did see him climb a rope in the 'L' position. Impressive in my weakling book, perhaps not in some of yours, though.)

Apologize if post is too long. Just got to typing, I guess.

“Let not the strong man boast of his strength.” – Jeremiah 9:23

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 am 

This 24/7 is a bit boring but I'm still watching it.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 am 

Dr.Mayhem wrote:
I loved the original theme of 24/7 - showcase Floyd's legendary training intensity.
This season it's just Floyd and 50cent acting like fools, and Cotto talking slowly in to the camera.
not what it used to be

Agreed. It was interesting in the beginning, but I"m guessing the ratings went up as the focus on technique went down.

Mayweather and 50 Cent pulling cash out of their pockets. Thank God that was documented.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:45 am 

I wish they would follow some one other than Floyd or Pacman. If you've seen on you've seen em all!

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:18 pm 

Seeing the money stuff is a little tiresome. The best thing about 24/7 for me has been seeing Mayweather training but there seems less and less on that. 50 Cent seems more prominent in these recent episodes.

Post Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:54 am 

I know Mayweather has always show boated his money, but he is doing much more frequently now. My guess is because of all the IRS shit that was said earlier.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk