Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 am 

Good for a chuckle....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8RjeykT ... r_embedded

Post subject: Re: UFC 143: Diaz vs Condit
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:27 pm 

that was funny.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:29 am 

Decent event, I was impressed with Condits Cardio, he took two steps for everyone Nick took and still looked fresh.

Sportsmanship award obviously goes to Nick Diaz...the dude is a sore loser.

Damn, Roy Nelson is one tough mo-fo, but always loses to any top level fighter. I would love to see him win the title, the look on Dana's face, when he wraps the belt around his pot belly.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:43 am 

Diaz COMPLETELY controlled the octagon the entire fight. None of Condit's strikes ever hurt Diaz. The only time either fighter was ever close to being finished was when Diaz had Condit's back. But Condit threw a bunch of kicks and and ran away and won the fight....

IMO, it was 4-1 Diaz. I have no problem with Diaz's attitude. If that fight really was a loss, then Diaz really has no shot at ever being a champion in the UFC.

If there were no rounds, no time limit, no referee separations(except for illegal strikes/moves), and the only way to lose a fight was your corner throwing in the towel, NOONE at 170lbs would be able to beat Diaz.

I hate to be a dick and be all negative. BUT fighters who put game plans like Condit used in this one(generally condit comes to fight) are ruining the sport..

Glad i illegally streamed this instead of paying for it. Watching Condit run from Diaz for thirty minutes isnt worth $50

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:48 am 

I gotta watch it again. i seen condit do a bunch of combinations and miss them 3 out of 4 times. The number of leg kicks he landed really shocked me. It hink based on how much work condit put in during the fight, effective or not has me really wanting nick to finish it. So yea i'd have gave it to condit. I'll watch it again. I didn't consider how much evasion condit was doing.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:51 am 

solidsnake88 wrote:
Quote:
Decent event, I was impressed with Condits Cardio, he took two steps for everyone Nick took and still looked fresh.

yes, because cardio and running away is what wins fights :doh:

Quote:
Sportsmanship award obviously goes to Nick Diaz...the dude is a sore loser.

Maybe you've never competed in anything. BUT when you work really hard for something and feel as though you've won, and three idiots who've never even competed in the sport say someone else won, its okay to be a little upset and emotional.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 am 

styleten wrote:
I gotta watch it again. i seen condit do a bunch of combinations and miss them 3 out of 4 times. The number of leg kicks he landed really shocked me. It hink based on how much work condit put in during the fight, effective or not has me really wanting nick to finish it. So yea i'd have gave it to condit. I'll watch it again. I didn't consider how much evasion condit was doing.

Its like when a wrestler holds a guy down, and the guy on the bottom lands tons of strikes, but never really rocks the guy on top, the refs score it 10-9 for the guy on top.

So shouldn't Diaz be awarded the round for controlling the octagon the entire time and never being rocked?

Since the winner is allegedly gonna wait til november to fight again, why not just give them a rematch in june or july if both guys are healthy?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 am 

styleten wrote:

Its like when a wrestler holds a guy down, and the guy on the bottom lands tons of strikes, but never really rocks the guy on top, the refs score it 10-9 for the guy on top.

So shouldn't Diaz be awarded the round for controlling the octagon the entire time and never being rocked?

Since the winner is allegedly gonna wait til november to fight again, why not just give them a rematch in june or july if both guys are healthy?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:50 am 

The thing is, whether ANYONE likes it or not, Condit landed the cleaner punchesand leg kicks, he evaded and effectively implemented his gameplan, yes, some call it hit and run like a bitch, but he was trying not to lose.

However I would like to clarify, that I wanted Diaz to win, the dude comes to fight, the problem with the UFC is, more and more fighters are trying not to lose. BJ Penn, Diaz, Rampage, Wanderlei, these guys love to brawl and usually put on exciting matches.

The fact that Condit was able to make a Nick Diaz fight boring was incredible, GSP vs Condit will offically be the most boring fight ever. Dana must be pissed. Lay and Pray GSP style.

Anyway, Condit won, am I happy with the way he won, NO! But I don't blame him for fearing Diaz's boxing and power.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:59 am 

I don't think he won. If you're gonna give wrestlers points for getting takedowns and no damage, then Diaz should get points for condit running from him the whole fight. To my understanding, that's the correct way to grade a fight. Nick SHOULD have won due to octagon control.

Also the way he took Condit's back at the very end was sick.

A rematch would be awesome. I feel like Diaz would be better prepared.

Also, condit isn't usually a stalling fighter. In all his other fights he really went for the kill. His game plan showed who the better fighter really is.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk