Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs

Post subject: Nates New Climb To The Top
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:14 am 

Well, as some may remember I have been battling a heart arrhythmia condition called SVT. Basically it causes my heart to sometimes jump into tachycardia of up to 280 bpm. Sadly one of the main triggers is exercise and my last bad episode came about as I was playing in our pool with my 3 boys last summer. Twice I have had to be electrically averted out of the SVT but usually an IV drug called adenosene works. Regardless of how I get it stopped though, it scares the shit out of me when it happens. So after my last episode in the summer I started to fear physical activity yet again! I stopped my training completely and gained a lot of weight being lazy all winter. Nothing sucks more than wanting to do something so bad but being so scared to do it!

Early this week I finally decided to stop living in fear. All the risks are still there but I just cannot stand being over weight any more! I want to be fit like I used to but I also dont want to end up in the hospital again if I can help it. I am on medication that is supposed to control my heart rate and rhythm but it is definitely not fail safe. I have also had two heart ablation procedures to stop the arrhythmias but apparently they didnt fix it completely. I am awaiting the next ablation now. They figure it may be a problem in my AV node now. Anyhow, this log is my journey back to the top literally. My dream is to some day summit Mount Everest in the name of SVT and Tetralogy of Fallot which is the heart problem I was born with. Yes it is a HUGE ass dream but I want it more than anything! Slowly but surely I will realize my goal but first I need to get back into the shape I once was at the very least. That on its own will be a huge step. Baby steps all the way to the top. This is my story. Enjoy if you wish.

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Post subject: Re: Nates New Climb To The Top
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:22 am 

Jan 23/2012

Strength

A. db snatch 4 x 5 per arm (45lbs)
B. db push press 4 x 5 per arm (45lbs)
C. db swings 4 x 6 per arm (45lbs)
D1. push ups 4 x 10 (bw)
D2. pull ups 4 x 1 (bw)

NOTES:

Well I remember being able to do WAAAAAY more than what I just did but its been a while and I know it will be a long journey back. This was a great work out to get every muscle worked including my heart. My heart behaved pretty well. I had a few flips here and there but I get those while lying in bed sometimes so there! Felt AMAZING to be doing something again!

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:27 am 

Jan. 24/2012

CONDITIONING

4 x 3 minute heavy bag rounds
1 minute rest between each round.

NOTES:

Oh man how I missed my heavy bag!! This felt fucking great! Yes 4 rounds is a bit sad but like I said I am doing this slowly. Boxing has always been a HUGE trigger for my SVT. The jerking and impact tends to piss off my heart sometimes but so far so good. This got me breathing nice and heavy again, and I literally felt high when I was done! Lovely!
Oh and PS.......my entire body is sore from the workout yesterday! Beautiful pain!

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:36 am 

Jan. 25/2012

STRENGTH

A. db clean & press 4 x 3 per arm (55lbs)
B. db snatches 4 x 5 per arm (50lbs)
C. sand bag shouldering 4 x 3 per side (70 lb sandbag)
D1 push ups 4 x 10 (bw)
D2 db kroc rows 4 x 10 per arm (50lbs)

NOTES:

Well this went pretty well. Sadly I decided to opt out of the pull ups as obviously my pull strength really went downhill. I was worried about the shouldering because that movement can be very taxing on the heart. 3 per side was about right but by the last set I was really puffing. I was going to do 3 x 10 db swings as a finisher but I think I will wait till next week to include finishers.

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:41 am 

Jan. 27/2012

CONDITIONING

5 x 3 minute heavy bag rounds
1 minute rest between each round

NOTES:

Felt great! Had a good heart flip during round 2 but survived it ok thank GOD. Feel extremely exhausted and high atm. Loving it! Boxing will be my main staple for conditioning until I lose enough weight and gain enough confidence to try other more extreme exercises.

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:43 am 

Jan. 27/2012

REST DAY

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:26 am 

Good luck with getting back in shape matey. Hope you can put all this behind you and get into the best the shape of your life.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:19 am 

fctilidie wrote:
Good luck with getting back in shape matey. Hope you can put all this behind you and get into the best the shape of your life.

Thanks man. I appreciate that!

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Post Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:31 am 

Jan. 28/2012

STRENGTH

A. front squat + push press 4 x 10 (25 lb db in each hand)
B. weighted lunges 4 x 8/leg (25 lb db in each hand)
C. romanian deadlifts 4 x 10 (25 lb db in each hand)
D1. gymnastic ring push ups 4 x 8 (feet were almost parallel to hands)
D2 gymnastic ring bw rows 4 x 3-5 (feet almost parallel to hands)

NOTES:

Well there were things that worked well and things that I think I needed more weight for. I think I needed a bit more weight for the push presses and the romanian deadlifts. The lunges were tough and my legs felt like jello after those. Obviously my back muscles are very weak but I was pleased with the gym ring push ups. Didnt really feel the romanian deadlifts, but I we will see how my lower back feels tomorrow!

Next week I will focus more on getting 3 different strength work outs each cycle (max strength, muscle endurance and explosive strength). This week my strength sessions have kinda been all over the place. Now that I know some of my weaknesses and strengths I should be able to get a better program set up. Anyone reading this with ideas for me, feel free to chime in. Id appreciate the help for sure.

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Post Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:14 am 

Jan 29/2012

CONDITIONING

6 x 3 minute rounds on heavy bag
* 1 minute rest between rounds

NOTES:

Well this was a gorgeous wat to spend 18 + minutes! Really pushed myself hard after the first couple rounds. Had a few skipped beats with my heart but again I am still ok. this is feeling so fantastic!! Did much more power punches and punch out drills at the end of my rounds. Great work out!

nate's facebook
nate's latest dj mix

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs