Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs

Post subject: Berserk's Training Journal
 Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:52 am 

Just did my first workout today. Wow I am badly out of shape. I ran a distance of roughtly half a mile and I nearly lost my breakfast!! I think the reason I had such a tough time completeing the run was that I started out too fast. I stretched out and then took off running at like 60% of a sprint pace. I as I got twards the end of the run I felt myself slowing down and finally I had to stop because if I ran even 10 more feet I would have puked. In fact I almost did but I managed to hold it down. I am embaressed about how tuff it was for me to run such a short distance, even though I attacked it at too fast of a pace. Well no matter I'm just gonna keep training and soon I will have improved 100%. I will never give in, I will never quit!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 12:19 pm 

In this post I will outline my complete workout routine. This is what I will be doing each week for at least 4 weeks,

Monday - Fullbody Workout
Tuesday - Cardio
Wednesday - Fullbody Workout
Thursday - Cardio
Friday - Fullbody Workout
Saturday - Cardio
Sunday - Rest

On the full body workout days I'll be doing a circuit like this,

Deadlifts
Squats
Pushups
Pull-ups
Bent Rows
Calf-raises
Crunches

For the first week or so I'll be doing the circuit only one time through but as I get better I'll start doing it 2 times and 3 times, ect.

For intensity, I'll be going at about 70-80% of max. So for example if I can do 25 pushups in a row I'll stop at 18-20.

The weight used for the deads and bent rows will be pretty low so that I can perform around 20-30 reps per set. Then instead of increasing the weight I'll increase the reps as I get better. This way it will be similar to the bodyweight exercises that I'm performing for other muscle groups. I would be doing bodyweight exercises for every muscle group but I don't really know of any that I like for hitting the back muscles.

I'll switch up the exercises every week so that I get plenty of variety in my training. As I get better, I'll also start doing more advanced exercises such as handstand pushups.

Cardio will be just distance running for now. Each week I will plot out a new and slightly longer course to run on my cardio days.

Well that's my basic plan of attack. I'll be doing this for at least a month at which time I will either buy one of Ross's new books (if I have the money) or I'll just keep on with the Underground Guide and get some new ideas from were eve I can find them. :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:03 pm 

First strength training workout today. It went ok. Here is what I did,

Warm up - Run in place
Static Stretching

Deadlifts - 1x20 w/60lb.
Bodyweight Squats - 1x40
Pushups - 1x12
Pullups - 1x3
Bentover Rows - 1x18 w/40lb.
Calf-Raises - 1x40
Crunches - 1x15

Static Stretching

I'm almost certain that those numbers are correct but it's a little hard to remember. Next time I'll take a pen and paper with me to record the results as I workout so that I wont forget them.

Yes I know, I'm hella weak. I have barely left the couch in years. :oops:

Oh well, practice makes perfect. 8)

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs