Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1003 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 101  Next
 Post subject: Juan Eastcreek's Training Log Extravaganza!
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:43 pm 

Okay, so I'm starting off my training log with the sample 50 day plan from Infinite Intensity. Some of my first goals of many are:

- Get down to 220lbs. (I want to eventually get to 200, but this will work as a first stepping stone)

- Be able to do a pull up. As soon as I hit that I want to be able to do 5 in a row.

- Through getting stronger and losing weight, I would like to make myself even sexier than I am now. Don't know if that's possible though. (Joking)

*I will probably edit this to add stats when I figure them out, and possibly pics if I get a camera

* For a little bit of my history when it comes to health, see this:
http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewt ... ht=#403791

Stats
(As of November 12th, 2008)
Weight: 254lbs
Body Fat %:

November 10th, 2008

Magic 50
5 Dumbbell snatches per arm
5 dumbbell swings per arm
10 burpees
5 rounds.

Finisher
25 push ups
25 squats
2 rounds.

*Used 50lb dumbbell for both snatches and swings. Burpees by far the hardest part. Snatches with my left arm were difficult as well. It seems 1 handed swings are actually easier on me than 2 handed swings, because when I use 1 arm I HAVE to use mostly my hips to generate the power. When I use 2 hands, I tend to pull more with my arms and back. The Magic 50 took me 28 min and 37 sec to do. The finisher took me 9:20.

Food Log
Ate 1 banana and apple for breakfast
1 banana for snack
After workout, ate 2 scrambled eggs and 1 hard boiled egg
Snack of 1 piece of ham, and a few slices of cheddar cheese
Dinner was sushi at my best friend's sushi restaurant. Had maybe 10 sushi rolls (sushi tastes great)
Had some frozen yogurt at the mall after sushi with fruit, chocolate chips, and chocolate on top.

Last edited by juaneastcreek on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:54 pm 

November 11, 2008

Running
4x 800m
5x 50m sprints

Core
Kneeling wheel rollouts 3 sets of 5
Side bends (70lb dumbbell) 6 per side
Supermans x 15
Medicine ball throws x 8 per side
3 rounds.

*Took me 41 minutes to do all the running, including sprints. Another horrible time, but that's just an indication of how badly I need to run more. My crappy knees are sore from the running. Should be noted that I can't get full extension on the kneeling ab rollouts yet.

Food Log
Ate a ham and cheddar cheese omelette for breakfast
Had 2 bananas
Had 2 pieces of ham
Snacked on a bag of pepperoni slices
Had 2 leftover barbecue pork sandwiches, slider size (meaning very small)
Snacked on cheddar cheese and grapes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:24 am 

Best of luck, mate.

I'm glad to see you're eating lots of vegetables :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:04 pm 

Thanks Leeroy!

Yeah, I've actually never ate vegetables. When I talked about how bad my diet was, I wasn't joking. I've tried veggies, I enjoy them in soup or stew or something where they don't taste like vegetables, but I usually have never eaten them. Tried eating a salad like 5 times in my life. Anyway, I'm going to start eating them. Probably with some sort of meat for dinner, ex. A salad with grilled chicken.

Hey man, you live in Japan. I know Japan has one of the highest rate of smokers, but one of the lowest rate of cancer. I've heard it's because of all the good nutrition, especially sea vegetables (like seaweed and other stuff). If I'm going to eat veggies, I might as well eat the really healthy stuff (like Japanese seaweed stuff). Any suggestions on some healthy Japanese vegetables that would be available over here?

November 12, 2008

Strength Workout

Back Squat
45lbsx5x2
135x5
155x3
175x5x3

Bench Press
45x5
135x5
160x5x3

Deadlift
135x5
205x3
275x3
275x2

Curls
45x5
70x5x3

* I predicted that my legs would be too sore to squat that much after running and sprints yesterday, I was kind of right. 135 felt much heavier than it should have. Did 175 for my work sets, could of probably done 180 or 185, but it was the first time squatting in a little while. Shit, I meant to do a finisher of 3 sets of 15 dumbbell swings, but I completly forgot about it until right now as I was typing! For deadlifts, I meant to do 1 set of 5 at 275, but I also haven't deadlifted in a little bit, so I did 1 set of 3 and then 1 set of 2. Wasn't sure if I should work on my pull ups before I squatted, or after I deadlifted, but ended up not doing them at all. Every strength workout I want to work on pull ups, meaning negatives, until I can do full repititions.

Food Log

Ate an apple and 1 hard boiled egg for breakfast
After workout, ate a banana and some peanuts
Had 3 chicken fingers (probably not that healthy, but I was really hungry after lifting weights and needed something quick before work)
Had some grilled salmon and broccoli at work. Also tried eating asparagus for the first time, had like a bite of it.

Last edited by juaneastcreek on Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:46 pm 

go get 'em tiger!

i got your japanese vegetable right here:

wakame cucumber sunomono
* 1 cucumber
* 1 cup wakame seaweed (buy dried in the asian section, follow directions to rehydrate. note: do not use a cup of dried! that will make like 3 cups of seaweed!)
* 4 tbsp rice wine vinegar
* 2 tbsp sugar (or agave if you're being good)
* 1/2 tsp seasalt

cut softened wakame seaweed into about 2inch-long pieces. slice cucumber into thin rounds. put salt over cucumber slices and set aside for 20 minutes. squeeze cucumber slices to remove the liquid. mix vinegar and sugar in a bowl. add wakame seaweed and cucumber slices in the bowl and mix well.

~ can sprinkle with sesame seeds if you like. i like.
~ i also like to add avocado to this. but i like to add avocado to everything.
~ also great with shitake mushrooms

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:20 am 

juaneastcreek wrote:
Hey man, you live in Japan. I know Japan has one of the highest rate of smokers, but one of the lowest rate of cancer. I've heard it's because of all the good nutrition, especially sea vegetables (like seaweed and other stuff). If I'm going to eat veggies, I might as well eat the really healthy stuff (like Japanese seaweed stuff). Any suggestions on some healthy Japanese vegetables that would be available over here?

Yes, people in Japan smoke a ton. Cigarettes are so cheap here. It's nearly all men - I can count on my hand the number of times I've seen a woman smoke.

Seaweed is not 'more healthy' than any other vegetable. The healthiest way to eat vegetables is variety.

As Jennifer posted, Wakame is good. Nori is also an excellent choice as you can eat it dry, it's tasty and I'm sure readily available in the US.

I would stay away from Hijiki. It has excellent nutrition but tends to soak up arsenic from polluted water.

You might enjoy reading this:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... e&dbid=135

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:19 am 

Thanks Jen and Leeroy for the help with veggies. Thanks especially for that link. Leeroy, I was checking out your photography site. Good stuff there. I especially liked the one of the island, thought it was very cool.

Anyway, back to my trying not to be fat.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Slept at my girlfriends the night before. She was kind of sick, couldn't sleep, kept tossing and turning. Because of this, I didn't really sleep very well, kept waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. But, when I got up this morning, I felt completly rested. Felt fucking great. I don't know if this is because I'm eating better or what, but was a nice feeling. (and I realize my diet might still look really bad on here but it's a lot better compared to what I'm used too).

GPP Workout 1
30 secs of burpees
30 secs of jumping jacks
30 secs of high knee dumbbell press (5 lbs)
30 secs of shadow boxing
5 rounds without rest

Core
Kneeling wheel rollouts 3 sets of 5

V ups x 15
Dumbbell twists x 10 per side (40lb dumbbell)
Supermans x 15
Chinnies x 20 per side
3 rounds.

* So... burpees still suck. I could only do a couple at a time. Really felt the v ups during my core workout.

Food Log
Ate an apple for breakfast
Had a steak (rare, only way to eat a steak) with onions, mushrooms, and broccoli
Was at a friend's house and had some candy (damnit!). Had about 5 pieces of halloween sized/fun sized mini candy bars things.
Had an 8 ounce vanilla latte (damnit again, but at least the coffee girl gave it to me for free)
Had another apple
After workout, had 2 pieces of fried chicken (breast, and a very small wing)

Post subject: Re: Juan Eastcreek's Training Log Extravaganza!
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:49 pm 

Bumpity Bump...

I've been reading some training logs on here (which oddly enough I kind of forgot there was a training log section on RT), and some are very inspiring. I've decided to try and keep an online log (I always keep one in a notebook), but admittedly I might get lazy and forget to update this.

As for where I'm at now, still fat, actually fatter. I scared myself by looking on the scale a little bit ago and saw that I was 288lbs. :mozilla_surprised: I freaked out, started eating right and training hard, and lost 20lbs in 19 days. Since then the holidays have put some back on, but I'm remaining consistent with my strength workouts, although not consistent enough with my conditioning workouts.

I recently got a great deal on a barbell set, and have been using it in a starting strength type routine. I know there are probably better options for losing weight, but honestly I'm enjoying getting stronger and I'm finally beginning to realize it's a marathon, not a race. Weight loss will come, and I don't care now as much if it comes slowly, as long as it comes steadily. It helps I've got a buddy lifting with me every Mon, Wed, and Fri, he's a skinny little basterd so he's trying to get bigger where I'm trying to go the opposite.

I'm planning on weighing myself every Sunday/Monday, and I'm going to buy a do-it-yourself body fat caliper/thingy, so I will know that as well.

Every one of my numbers as far as lifting, running, push ups, ect. are all embarrisingly horrible, so please take it easy on me! :pray:

Vic_Vega wrote:
Soon you'll be a pharmacy wizard, and you'll be jacked. Who would want to fuck with that? A crazy man, that's who.

"albinofreak620 wrote:
Yo Kroc, we heard you like lifting so we put muscles in your muscles so you can lift while you lift.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:37 pm 

Wednesday, December 9th 2009

Strength

Squat:
45x5x3
135x3
225x1
265x5x3

Press:
45x5x3
140x3
135x5
135x4
135x3x2

Power Cleans:
45x3
95x3
140x3x5

Chin Ups:
(using medium strength stretch band)
6x3

Glute Ham Raises:
(Assisted with arms)
5x3

Ab Wheel:
(Partial roll outs from knees)
5x3

Barbell Twist/Rotation thingys?
15x5x3 (15lbs not including the weight of the bar)

Wrist Curls:
95x40

Finisher:
1 round of
30 Mountain Climbers
20 Push Ups
10 Groiners
5 Burpees

Notes:
I keep not being able to press 140 for 5 reps straight. I usually get sets of 4, but today only got 3. Next workout I'm going to try and do maybe a few extra sets of 135.

2nd time trying power cleans, I think I'm getting the technique down better, and this time I didn't break my St. Christopher.

Love the MacCharles inspired 50 rep wrist curls. I've always had skinny forearms (possibly because of my long monkey arms) and I'm getting good results. Forearms a little bigger, but just WAY more dense and solid. It's all about this!:

SOMEWHAT RELEVENT PICTURE:

I think I'm getting good results due to doing them every workout. I've decided to do a little ab work every strength workout (even though my abs already getting worked hard by the weights). I'm going to do the ab wheel every time until I can at least get full reps from my knees.

Vic_Vega wrote:
Soon you'll be a pharmacy wizard, and you'll be jacked. Who would want to fuck with that? A crazy man, that's who.

"albinofreak620 wrote:
Yo Kroc, we heard you like lifting so we put muscles in your muscles so you can lift while you lift.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:45 pm 

Holy shit that's a lot of volume.

Anyway, good to see you with a log. I will keep an eye on this one and admonish you if you should lapse so don't let it happen again! :naughty:

Log.

"Just remember, until you shit while squatting, you dont have a chance of being as good as Albino." MrKasab.

"You lying slut. You're not fat at all." hobby.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1003 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 101  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs