Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Recipe Idea (Please respond)
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:33 pm 
Site Admin

Would anyone have interest in a large PDF file of recipes? Perhaps everyone could contribute a recipe (similar to the recipe sticky), and we could then upload it as a free PDF for everyone's convenience. We could create categories such as breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc.

I'm not sure how copyright would work however (if someone contributes a recipe that came from another source). Perhaps we should limit it to our own personal recipes?

Thoughts? Anyone interested in contributing?

I could put the file together and host it here. My wife is set to give birth any day now, so I can't promise I'd get to it right away, but we could at least start the archive process if anyone is interested. I could set up an email address such as recipes at rosstraining (or something similar).

Just a random thought that came to me last night...

Ross

Last edited by Ross Enamait on Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:42 pm 

Great idea. As i have found that even some recipes on "healthy" eating web sights are not to great for you...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:55 pm 

I think this is an amazing idea. I absolutely love cooking and would definitely like to steal a few recipes off certain board members! It could make for a very diverse selection of healthy recipes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:58 pm 

sounds like a great idea. i have a few good self-created recipes i could contribute.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:01 pm 
Site Admin

Any other ideas that we could include, suggestions, etc. This would be a community resource, so the more ideas the better...

Ross

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:04 pm 

definitely, i have a few good omlette recipes, creative too (choclate omeltte, apple pie omlette, bbq or buffalo chicken)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:10 pm 

Awesome idea!!!

We could have one dedicated page with links to the PDF. Or I could even set up a page on freewebs.com that you could redirect to and we would have a page with PDF file links by food name (EXAMPLE):

Carrrot Soup.PDF
Cucumber Salad.PDF

You would click on the file name and BOOM! the PDF appears on your screen to save or print.

As far as copyright infringement, have everyone write them manually and just slightly alter one or two ingredients (i.e. 1.95 tbps instead of 2 tbsp)

Justin_P wrote:
Andy, I just want to take this opportunity to tell you...

YOU'RE A F-CK-R!

:mozilla_yell: :mozilla_laughing: :doh:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:16 pm 

i think it would be helpful to maybe set out some guidelines for the recipes so that they are somewhat filtered to keep out the pseudo-health food. everyone has their own idea of what healthy eating is so its hard to be too specific, but i think there are some basic rules that we could come up with. for example, saying that the recipes must be sugar-free, artificial sweetener-free, white flour-free, etc.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:56 pm 

Maybe include a category of drinks (smoothies more than cocktails, of course).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:49 pm 

Ross Enamait wrote:
We could create categories such as breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc.

I think you could group them into breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. Maybe we could consider dinner as a postworkout meal (so that you can add complex carbs to it, while lunch only contains vegetables or fruit for carbs). Smoothies could be a subcategorie of snacks, because a smoothie is basically a liquid meal. We could add a drink section though for things like iced tea.

YouthGoneWild wrote:
i think it would be helpful to maybe set out some guidelines for the recipes so that they are somewhat filtered to keep out the pseudo-health food. everyone has their own idea of what healthy eating is so its hard to be too specific, but i think there are some basic rules that we could come up with. for example, saying that the recipes must be sugar-free, artificial sweetener-free, white flour-free, etc.

Yes, I agree on the list with forbidden ingredients.

The recipes could contain:

1. Title (anyone remember the "kick ass high protein pancakes"? :wink:)
2. Sample picture of the prepared meal
3. List of ingredients (hasn't to be very precise, just approximately what you need)
4. Instructions on how to prepare
5. Maybe some tipps an how to vary the dish a bit or to add more (special) flavours (so maybe add chili if you like spicy food, or add this or this,....)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation