Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 88  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tom's Workout Log
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:23 pm 

MONDAY 4th JUNE 2012
Strength
- Chin-ups
BW x10
20kg x2
40kg x2
50kg x1 PB
60kg x0
55kg x0
50kg x1
- Dips
BW x10
20kg x5
40kg x3
60kg x2
82.5kg x1 PB
90kg x0
BW x30, 20, 10
Stiff Leg DL
BAR x10
60kg x5
100kg 3x5

Wasn't feeling great this morning so laid off the volume and just played about with low reps. Got a 2xBW dip which is nice. 50kg chin too.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:25 pm 

Yeah thats it, I probably worded it poorly. I'll give you a look at what my week is roughly

Mon - 5/3/1 Bench, heavy rowing, medium overhead push and pull, statics
Tue - 5/3/1 Front Squat, medium dip and curl, hamstring movement, statics, optional core work
Wed - Running drills, recovery stuff
Thur - 5/3/1 Overhead Press, Heavy overhead pull, medium horizontal push and pull, statics
Fri - 5/3/1 Deadlift, single leg squat variation, multiplane push and pull, statics, optional core work
Sat - Running drills, recovery stuff, grip work if I'm in the gym.
Sun - Pretty well completely off

So I can really substitute any movements I like into the different areas, depending on the plane of movement I am doing. Its all very interchangeable, I just choose to do almost entirely bodyweight stuff.

The muscle ups look like this, quite strict, I sometimes go a lot slower, especially through the transition, trying to strengthen that up. I think once I can do these medium width MU all them time for a couple of reps I will be able to do a bar muscle up, going by the angles and shit.

BTW - Fucking awesome job on the dips, I'm so jelly.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 am 

TUESDAY 5th JUNE 2012
Skill/Core/Flexibility
- Skipping
- HS Work
- Rollouts
Standing x12
Press-ups 2x10
Standing x5
- Wall Walks 5x3
- Stretching
Various
Dislocates 3x15
- Vacuum 3x45s

Been a little sick, skipping was ok for the ankle for a little bit. May have to take tomorrow off due to illness, meant to be an easy week anyway.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:03 pm 

David_89 wrote:
BTW - Fucking awesome job on the dips, I'm so jelly.

Agreed great job man, I'd be bloody happy with half of that.

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -- Aristotle

Post Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:30 pm 

+1 on the dips. Monster business.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:36 am 

Thanks guys.
Well an update:

WEDNESDAY 6th JUNE 2012
OFF SICK.
Actually felt alright the night before, but come Wednesday morning it wasn't happening.

THURSDAY 7th JUNE 2012
Light skipping is all. Ankle is a little better, hopefully should be running (albeit not very far) in the next month.

FRIDAY 8th JUNE 2012
Strength
- Pull-ups
BW x10
20kg 3x8
- Bench Press
BAR x10
40kg x10
60kg 3x12
- Single Arm Row DB
30kg x10
50kg 3x5
60kg x3
- Shrugs
100kg 3x10
140kg 2x5

Easy day today, getting back into to it. Light weight only. Best news is that I got a few squats done at the end with just the bar, will start squatting again next week. Not heavy, won't go over 100kg for now.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:46 am 

<BrownNose>
Had a little go at weighted dips after being inspired by your impressive performance. Anyway I still have to doth my cap to you sir, as I thought I would. I worked up to 60% BW (or is that 1.6 or BW + 60%, not good at this). Better than I thought but really gives you an idea of how hard something like that is. Once again, well done.
</BrownNose>

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." -- Aristotle

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 am 

I'm with you on the triceps sort of, mine ache today but it's different to bench. My chest is a different story, feel like someones been carving fillets from it, saw as a mother fucker. I tend to favour a closer grip on the bench press otherwise my shoulder moan at me (could just be paranoia) so I use a lot of triceps. Have you tried reverse band bench press? Now that's a triceps builder.

Thanks for the compliment. Being heavy isn't a reason not to do dips or chin ups, it's an excuse. My brother is lighter than me and sucks at both, he tells me it's because he's too heavy, I tell him it's because he's too weak. A little harsh but he's my brother, I'm meant to give him stick. Actually I'm a little on the light side right now, 100kg bang on. Think it's a bit to disparate to simply compare the total weight, best left as a percentage of bodyweight I feel.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:19 pm 

tom.642 wrote:
Nice job on the deadlift, back lever is pretty much there too.
That said I think I'm most jealous about how you can play music out loud and I can't! Before every lift I have to rearrange my headphones, and they're becoming quite crinkled due to the heavy dips and pull-ups. Plus they sometime pop out in the middle of a set. Luckily this pisses me off enough to help finish the set!

Also I want to eat kangaroo.

Hah, I guess you just need to find a gym you can control the music at somehow. I need to download more songs cause I always listen to the same stuff, but it is crap wearing headphones or listening to the radio. Plus I tend to sing out loud with headphones on and it is embarrassing if I don't catch myself.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:27 am 

SATURDAY 9th JUNE 2012
Calisthenics as usual. Plenty of muscle-ups and some tuck back lever work. PR of 5 straight bar muscle-ups.

SUNDAY 10th JUNE
REST

Looking to start 531 next week. This week I'll continue as per usual, maybe get an idea of what weight to use when I start next week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 878 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 88  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs