Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs

Post subject: TORONTO MARATHON OUT-COME
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:52 pm 

i finally completed my debut marathon in toronto last sunday and even though i never hit my goal which was a sub 315 time i am not disappointed with my time of 3 hour and 28 mins which gave me a 230th position out of a field of 2000 i was more than happy with and when i look at the bigger picture i think i have come a long way i a short space of time plus i think i can take loads of positives out of the race itself . the race its self i started way too fast my 1st 2k was done in 8min 20 sec but i realy tried to start slow but must of got carried away with the big occasion but at half-way i was well on course with a time of 1hour 35 mins and even at 32 k i was 2hour 28 min feeling well within my self for the final 10k in 47 mins .............................then bang it hit me the dreaded wall but i stuck to my task ahead i think all my core exercises help me out here and i completed the race with my chin up and full of pride .but i lost my medal but who needs medals when you have nice memoires :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:19 pm 

Congrats! That time is awesom for a debut!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:55 am 

congrats on even completing one. thats more than most people in this world ever do. plus 3 1/2 hours is actually very good for a first marathon. anything under 4 is. hope you improve for your next one.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:40 pm 

cheers fellas i was actuelly on course for a sub 3.15 at 32k but i will learn of mistakes made and come again :D

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs