Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 144  Next
 Post subject: Re: fctilidie's training log
 Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:07 pm 

The only hard part of training at home can be motivating yourself as much as you would if you had someone with you to push you to the next level, well thats what I find. With me just starting jiu jitsu and playing football sometimes conditioning is more important for me than bulking up, so I try and stick to sandbag work and full body movements with db's.

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:17 pm 

SpongeBob wrote:
thats makes 3 hull lads then :mozilla_cool:
We are takin over! :dance:

ha good stuff, we should get our own section on the board index :mozilla_tongue:

fctilidie wrote:
Out of interest were do you guys train at? I train at home most of the time and I have just started Jiu Jitsu at a place just off Fountain Road.

I train at home a most of the time fctilidie or if I want to do sprint intervals I go to the university field early in morning. I think I know the place your training ju jitsu, I was going to go train judo there not long back but never ended up getting round to it. Sounds like a good place.

Workout Log - http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39553&p=937092#p937092

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:21 pm 

I do a lot of running on a field near me, not quite as good as having the university to use though :mozilla_wink:

I'm quite funny about were I train to be fair, I mean Ennerdale is just at the top of my street, but I choose to drive 6 miles to Haltemprice as it's a nicer place.

Yeah it's the Karen Brigg's Judo place so it no doubt will be, I did judo when I was younger, much younger, came 3rd in a UK open competition in the under 30kg's.

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:56 pm 

fctilidie wrote:
I do a lot of running on a field near me, not quite as good as having the university to use though :mozilla_wink:

I'm quite funny about were I train to be fair, I mean Ennerdale is just at the top of my street, but I choose to drive 6 miles to Haltemprice as it's a nicer place.

Yeah it's the Karen Brigg's Judo place so it no doubt will be, I did judo when I was younger, much younger, came 3rd in a UK open competition in the under 30kg's.

yeh thats the one. I hear what your saying about been funny about where you train, im exactly the same. I have pearson park right near me but jog to the uni to run instead because the grounds are always deserted early morning, unlike pearson park which has bums living in it and also its clean and safe as a pose to pearson park where I might fall on a needle or put my hand in some broken glass!!

The University is a nice place to run too, nice grounds and has a lot of stairs and interesting lengths of flat ground to run on too. Thats Hull for you tho, the most well kept place I know of is a place where the majority of people that spend time there are from out of town. :mozilla_tongue:

Workout Log - http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=39553&p=937092#p937092

Post Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:09 pm 

Yeah places like Pearson Park are a big no no to me too, you're likely to get heckled by the bums :mozilla_tongue:

Hull's like the biggest village in the world too, everyone knows each other in some way shape or form :mozilla_tongue:

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:46 am 

17/05/2009

AM
Took my dog on field and did a mixture of sprints and chasing him about.

PM
Magic 50 (20KG)
Straight after doing the Magic 50 I took my dog on field and did various running drills that I used to do at rugby all them years ago.

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:10 am 

Hull is a wierd place, i lived a few different cities and stuff over last few years, but when your away you realise you miss Hull :D Thats a big part of why i moved back to the area, that and a decent paid job in Bev lol.
Im a bit further afield now, up on the coast, but i go where the work is, but i know every single place and street you guys know.

Fctilidie: i struggle with the motivation sometimes, more so when im working at my most (16-18 hr days) but i got a friend who is sorta sharing my flat with me for a time, so we can motivate each other, or atleast shout at each other for being lazy and shame each other into doing some work :P
Think im gonna have to make me one of those sandbags, all i got so far is some DB's and some bands :D

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:17 am 

Once my brother has recovered from his operation he'll be back training with me and then we have the old sibling rivalry to motivate us :mozilla_tongue:

You won't regret making a sandbag it's great, its bloody hard work though, really have to get yourself in the mood before doing a workout with it.

Post Posted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:37 am 

my brother lives in oxford now, posh bastard :P but he used to do karate and jui jitsu so we had the rivalry going as we did some sparring. Kinda ended tho after he tried guillotining me and coz i knew nothing about mma at the time i did the only thing i could think of, i powerbombed him A la WWE style straight onto a solid floor :P

Post Posted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:01 am 

Now that I would of liked to have seen :dance: My brothers a lot heavier than me so I might have trouble doing that.

18/05/2009

AM
Took my dog on field and did a mixture of sprints and chasing him about.

PM
4 x Sets of 8 (4 each side) DB Clean And Press (20KG)
4 x Sets of 8 (4 each side) Sandbag Shouldering (40KG)
4 x Sets of 8 (4 each side) DB Snatch (20KG)
4 x Super sets of 8 (4 each side) DB Bench Press (20KG) And 8 Clap Press Ups
4 x Super sets of 5 Weighted Chin Ups and 10 Weighted Press Ups (12KG Rucksack)
2 x Sets of 30 (15 each side) DB Swings (20KG)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 144  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs