Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:21 am 

Got NG today! :D

Sprints. inc :10, speed :15, sprint followed by 13 press ups after each sprint. 6 sets.

Squat thrust with press up x 10, squat x 10, divebomber x 10, mountain climbers x 10, V ups x 10. This circuit 5 times. Hit the magic 10 mark an feel good about it but It has killed me nearly :lol:

So knackered that I couldn't even think about doing any hanging leg raises or anything!! Just dragged my sorry carcass to the shower!

Weighed myself and i'm 79.7 kg which is .3 of a kg down from last week which is about 1/2 a pound. Would have lost more but my girlfriend made us a huge pasta dish mid week with lots of cream and a glass or 2 of wine. Was worth it though :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:36 am 

Sat - rest (went to Dublin, Ireland for the day. Ate lots and walked all day)
Sun - rest

I'm going to split my workouts into upper/lower this week for some variation.
Today:

Chins x 11,7. Dips x 15,15. Divebomber x10,6. Pullups x 5,5, Widegrip Push ups x 15,12. Diamond Pushups x 10, 6.

Core: V ups x 15,15. Knee hugs x15,15. Chinnies 15,15, Bridge 30 secs, 30 secs. Lying hip swing 15 eachside, 15 each. Plank 15 secs, 15. Superman 15,15. Isometric backhold 15,15. Hanging knee raise 15,15. Crunches 15,15.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:42 am 

Yesterday -
Circuit : squat thrust with push up (reps 15,15,12), bodyweight squat(25,20,20), one leg bodyweight deadlift(each leg 5,5,5). Did this circuit 3 times in quick succession until my legs burnt and felt like they would explode. Then did some stuff with a quick rest in between :
squats 25, 25 - Lunges 15 each leg, one leg deadlift 5 each leg, one leg calf raises 3 sets of 10 each leg, fast set of deadlift with 10 kg medicine ball x 15 reps. Finished with a slow jog for 20 mins, purely because i haven't had a jog for a while :D

Today -
Dip and chin circuit :
chins followed by dip then rest a minute. 5 sets of each. Chin with 4kg weight x 5, dip (4kg) x 10. did this twice but only managed 8 dips on the 3rd.Last 2 were bodyweight 5 chins and 8 dips.

Core : V ups x 18, knee hugs 18, leg hipswings 18, bridge 15 secs, crunches 18, plank 18 secs. Did this circuit twice. Finished with 4 sets of hindu pressups 20,12,10,10.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:57 am 

Hill sprints incline 10, speed 15, 40 secs x 6.

One leg squat 5 each leg, 3 sets. still cant go all the way down on left leg, but a lot better than I was.
One leg deadlift 5 each leg, 3 sets
hindu squats 1 x 35

Bad idea to do one leg squats after sprinting. I couldn't give the required energy and it wiped me out but i still did em. Will add weight if i do the deadlift for strength again.

Been reading NG and I really want to start some explosive strength stuff. Tried a clap push up at home but not in the air long enough to clap :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:34 am 

Strength and core :

Circuit A-Assisted one arm press-up, One leg squat holding 4kg weight.
Did this circuit 3 times. 1arm P/u = 8 reps per arm per set. 1leg squat = 6 reps per leg per set. 1st time I've managed to go all the way down on my left leg during the squat. 8)

Circuit B-Weighted pull-up 10kg, One leg deadlift holding 2x4kg weights.
Did this circuit 3 times. Weighted Pull up x 2 reps, 1leg DL 6 reps.

Ended with assisted negative one arm chins. 2 sets of 3

Core :
V-ups x 18
Knee hugs x 18
leg hip swings x 18 each side
crunches x 18
plank x 18 secs
chinnies x 18 (9 each side)
hanging leg lift x 18

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:21 am 

Squat thrust with a push up, squat, hindu press up, mountain climber, V up, minute on a punch bag. Did this circuit 5 times, 10 reps of each exercise. on the last set, I had to do knee hugs rather than v ups as i had nothing left in me. Just threw various combinations on the punch bag..I'm not a boxer by any stretch of the imagination but I've had some one who is, show me some stuff.

Waited a While and then got hold of a bag of pre packed compost we have in the garden and did a floor to shoulder lift I've seen ross do on a video. It was so heavy, I only managed it twice then dropped to the floor and waited to die! Lay in the sun with a cool breeze thinking how great life is :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:24 am 

Under the weather today..got some cold like symptoms and hardly slept last night, so i thought i'd treat myself to a less hectic workout :D

Weighted chin-ups 10 sets of 2 reps (10kg)

weighted crunches 3 sets of 20 (10kg)

Shrugs 1 set of 20 (50kg)

And a relaxing sauna.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:03 am 

Still got this damn cold thing going on.

Hill sprints. inc 10, speed 15. 6 sets of 40 seconds

Ended with a couple minutes of isometrics and a sauna

Well I suppose it's better being ill now than in 2 weeks when I go to Canada!!! :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:42 am 

Thursday night got annoyed that i allowed a cold to hamper my lunchtime workout, so I did 10 sets of 10 burpees to at least dull the disapointment.

Friday : Assisted One arm pressup x8 / One leg squat holding 8kg weight x 6. Did these 2 back to back for 3 sets.
weighted pull up(12kg) x 3 / one leg deadlift (holding 2/8kg dumbells)
Did these 2 back to back for 3 sets.
Core : vups x20, knee hugsx20, chinniesx20, supermanx20, plank x 20 secs. hanging leg raise x 15.

Sat/sun rest.

Today :
Squat thrust with a pressup, squat, hindu pressup, mountain climbers, Vups. did 10 of each. Did this circuit 5 times then went for a sauna.

Am going to try doing the 10x10 burpees again tonight :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:43 am 

Day off work today, so i did my workout in the garden using stuff from the garage.

Warmed up with a set of pressups, squats and some isometrics.

Got a large bag of pre packed compost and lifted from the floor to my shoulder and then over head. Did this x 2 and then brief rest. Did 8 sets of 2 and stopped when i managed to rip the bag :roll:
Found a medium size bag of concrete mix and did overhead presses to failure, which was 15 times. Did this x 3 sets.
Then i gripped the concrete bag in one hand, lifted it to waist height, then used my shoulder and bicep to raise it to my chest, like a cheat bicep curl/upright row, snatch type thing. seemed to work every muscle in my body. Did 3 reps each arm for 3 sets.
Then assisted one arm pressup x 5 each arm. Gripped 2 bags of concrete mix and did a farmers walk up and down the (small) garden 3 times until my grip gave up. Ended with 2 sets x 20 legs elevated on a garden chair pressups.

There's a real sence of fulfilment working out with random objects in your own garden. :D
I found an old gate post that im going to clean up (full of mud and cobwebs) and use for deadlifting and overhead press.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Workout Logs