Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk

Post subject: UFC 146
 Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:43 pm 

Whats your predictions for this weekends UFC 146,
theres some BIG boys throwing it down this weekend!

UK Based MMA Fighter #4-1-0

Post subject: Re: UFC 146
 Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:49 am 

Junior Dos Santos > Frank Mir chances are 70:30 in my book

Why, because

Santos

Striking 10/10
Stand up wrestling 7/10
Ground wrestling/submissions 8/10

Mir

Striking 7/10
Stand up wrestling 5/10
Ground wrestling/submissions 10/10

Odds are very high in Santos favor. Judging by this it should be a fucking massacre put upon Frank Mir. However, he can always surprise, and has enough power to land a knock out shot.

However Junior Dos Santos striking is fastest and best in the fucking world, and Mir isn't that good in clinch, his only chance would be on the ground where he could finish him, but that won't be so easy, and getting JDS on the ground won't be easy at all.

TKO by Junior Dos Santos in second round.

I also think Cain Velasquez gonna do similar thing to Bigfoot Silva like Cormier did.
Cormier and Cain are pretty similar just that Cormier has more power and Cain has more precision.

Stipe Miocic should continue his winning streak.

Roy Neslon should also win this one. Don't know much about last two fights.

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:44 am 

Fuck, If I put 100$ on my guesses I'd be one very happy motherfucker right now.

Post Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:48 pm 

Wow, Roy Nelson has a bomb for a right hand. Mir looked fat and slow, the weight difference was all fat, which proved useless. Cain had some vicious GnP, completely destroyed Big Foot.

Overall heavyweight card was great.

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:05 am 

Dos Santos, great hands.

Post Posted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:20 am 

Yup, great card.

Roy Nelson: great charisma, the crowd in the bar went NUTS when that bomb landed. You'd think his opponent would do his homework and realize that the big right hand is the only weapon Big Country has......

Frank Mir: yeah, I thought he looked a little fat too. He has the most ridiculous facial expressions when he gets nailed. He should fight Josh Barnett next.

Big Foot: timber!

Cain: An absolute animal. Knew he would kill Silva. Can't wait for the rematch against JDS.

JDS: Him and Nick Diaz have shown the world what a good boxing game can do in mma....love his hands and combos......grapplers have a hard time dealing with those uppercuts.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:20 am 

Compare nick diaz with jds? are you fucking nuts?

nick diaz only swings like a fucking moron with no in - outs, no footwork, no timing, no evasions or whatever. And he doesn't have exceptional power. However, he lands a lot of it.

On the other hand, JDS has the best stand up In MMA. Devastating power and speed in both hands, great, fast footwork, great at feinting check how he goes double jab and uppercut or he goes for the body couple of time with jabs or straights then fakes another body shot and goes to head with left hook. Also, extreme precision and timing.

Nick Diaz doesn't have any boxing skills, he's just a brawler with good punching rhythm.

Currently JDS has two potential opponents that can take him out. First is Cain and second is Mark Hunt. If Hunt wins another fight i'd match him up against Dos Santos.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 am 

Are you?

-Diaz stood toe to toe with world champion kickboxer Paul Daley and Ko'd him.

-Freddie Roach said BJ Penn has the best boxing technique in mma, yet he got his ass handed to him by Diaz when they fought. Nobody has ever dominated Penn on the feet like Nick did.

-No power? He's the only guy who ever Ko'd Robbie Lawler, a guy who is as tough as nails.

-Diaz has some of the best combinations and body shots in the game. Too debate this is to show complete ignorance of the sport.

JDS is awesome too. He'll just take down Mark Hunt and beat him with a kimura like half the guys who beat him do.

Besides Cain the only guy who can beat him is Overeem. Overeem vs JDS is the HWT fight I really want to see.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:12 pm 

Anyone can k.o. anybody in the ufc, it doesn't matter who is what and how much somebody has power.

Gloves are small, gloves are I think 4 ounces, hay makers are almost impossible to block, and punches in those gloves are more powerful than with bare fists. An average guy could knock those fighters out with one hard punch that connects, not to mention highly trained fighters like Diaz. So, just because he knocked Robbie Lawler out doesn't mean he has great power in his hands, he doesn't.

I repeat again, a hard punch in right circumstances will knock most people out from a much lesser trained person than diaz. For example, Mark Hunt was considered unstoppable regarding his chin and it's one of the best chins in the world, then an average K-1 fighter Melvin Manhoef put him to sleep with left-right hook combination. Much more powerful strikers than him didn't succeed in that.

However, Diaz is not an explosive guy, nor do his punches have exceptional power. You may pick 4 out of 5 guys on the street of his weight, train them boxing for 2-3 years, and they will have power in punches like him, if not harder.

While Freddie is very respectable coach, real boxing and mma boxing have little in common. Put a highly trained boxer with a highly trained mma fighter in the octagon with 4 ounce gloves with rules only to fight in stand up with punches and clinch wrestling and mma fighter will dominate the hell out of the boxer. Hay maker / overhand right is the most successful punch in mma. Plus Diaz has tremendous reach advantage over BJ Penn so it wasn't a hard thing for Diaz at all.

Diaz combinations are swinging like a bar brawler, that's it. It's just that he lands a lot of those punches. AGAIN, which is not hard, since gloves are very fucking small and it's not like in boxing where you can block every single punch, and he has a lot of reach which is another advantage for him. Even if you block strikes in mma, it's gonna do damage, cause gloves are small. Gonzaga broke Couture's wrist with high kick. I don't remember it ever happened in a kickboxing event.

Again, if you can see it and understand it, you're stupid. Difference between Diaz and JDS is that Diaz is a pure brawler, that uses his reach advantage and swings aggressively for head and body and knocks people out not because he has power but because he connects those hard punches on the head, jaw and body, and usually it are combinations. And 3 consecutive punches are a fucked up thing to absorb no matter how weak you punch.

His striking style is of an aggressive bar brawler, he just goes for ko with all himself. I doubt he didn't ko several guys on the street like this.

On the other hand, JDS is a highly skilled boxer, Enormour power in both hands. His 2 punch combination that connect is 95% chance that his opponents are getting knocked down, he sets up his punches (unlike diaz that goes like an angry brawler), he has great timing, unlike diaz who doesn't use timing, he just goes to exchange, he doesn't have reach advantage over his opponents in his weight class, and most of his punches land, unlike Diaz's that are far less but are still too many considering the style he's fighting.

Diaz KO'd his opponent because he's aggressive, because he has reach advantage, because he has balls, great conditioning so in his late rounds his punches are still fresh, and most of all because this is mma. A punch can literally change the whole thing, and that punch is very likely to land. Just watch fights like which recently happened, for example Cheick Kongo vs Pat Barry. You almost knock a guy out and he recovers a bit, gathers the strength he has and goes all out, and guess what it lands and the guy is out, just like that. Anybody can KO anybody, and that doesn't mean the person that ko's has good power.

Nick Diaz is not a powerful striker. You don't have to be powerful to knock somebody out in MMA.

Overeem gets his ass handed to him by JDS Easily. I give him exact chances against JDS as I gave Frank Mir. Only aspect where Overeem can do something Is Clinch. JDS is better striker, he gonna "outbox" him, and it's gonna be brutal, he's also better on the ground. Overeem may survive all rounds but he would be bloody as hell. Only thing is that Overeem is more likely to land a ko punch than Frank Mir, just a bit, BUT THAT IS VERY UNLIKELY TO HAPPEN.

JDS is a fucking beast. Watch what he did to Carwin.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:58 am 

Excuse me sir, but barroom brawlers don't throw combinations like Diaz does - don't even make that stupid comparison.

Diaz's body shots are amoung the best, if not the best in the game. His body shots are tell tale signs of a skilled, knowlegable boxer who knows how to pick his shots.

Take any guy off the street and have him hitting as hard as Nick an a couple of years? As if.

And to think Overeem doesn't pose a more serious threat to JDS than Mir is simply crazy.

Alistar is a K1 world champion for pete's sake! His hands and feet are amoung the world's best.

I love JDS but he hasn't fought a striker the calibur of Overeem yet. That's what makes that possible match up so intriging.

Carwin is simply one of those genetic freaks born with one punch KO power. Overeem has a much more diverse striking skill set along with the power to put those tools into action. And his grappling is under rated too.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk