Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk

Post subject: silva vs sonnon move to las vegas
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:57 pm 

There is a chance the rio isn't going to be able to accommodated all the hotel requirements for the event and that it will be moved to Las vegas. the date moved from June 23 to july 7.

I don't want the rematch to be in such a bias hostel environment cause i want a fair fight.

The rocky drago secnario could be cool and all if he wins and he can enjoy that nostalgia for the rest of his life but environment plays a factor in a fights results but it shouldn't. So a neutral las vegas would be a benefit to sonnon.

Post subject: Re: silva vs sonnon move to las vegas
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:00 pm 

I would much rather see this happen in Rio. Being a bigger stadium the atmosphere will be great.
Vegas is of course the big name place to fight but I would rather Rio.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:44 am 

rio and the brazilians will play a role in the results. It isn't fair. This comes down to two people in a competition and the outside influences should be minimized.

It makes a good event cause it adds to the story line.

If sonnon wins in brazil he embarrasses an entire nation. That isn't good for the sport that is exactly what the sport has been trying to avoid to get sanctions in NY.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:10 am 

What a bummer they ended up moving this fight to Vegas. It would have been really cool to see this fight happen in front of 80,000 Brazilians. It would have been a huge advantage for Silva to fight in front of all of his countrymen though. Perhaps the UFC was trying to make this more of a fair fight? At least if it is in Vegas, it will be a lot easier for American fans to attend the fight. I think I would like to go to this fight, so I am going to start looking into some of the Cheapest Vegas Hotels. I hear the Vegas Planet Hollywood and New York New York are some of the best, and most affordable Las Vegas Strip Hotels for fight weekend. Any other recommendations for places to stay for the fight?
Baby Silver Back wrote:
I would much rather see this happen in Rio. Being a bigger stadium the atmosphere will be great.
Vegas is of course the big name place to fight but I would rather Rio.

Last edited by steveosiris on Thu May 17, 2012 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 am 

Winning in front of the home crowd is cool, but after all the shit talk to have another one sided beat down for 5 rounds where silva takes the title is an amazing story.

Vegas is a more neutral environment and thats important. I fought and i learned that a venu can take energy out of you.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk