Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk

Post subject: Another one bites the dust :P
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:41 am 

This time it's Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal :mozilla_tongue:

An excerpt:

Quote:
Former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal tested positive for the steroid Drostanolone in his most recent bout, the Nevada State Athletic Commission disclosed on Tuesday.

source: Sherdog.com article

Post subject: Re: Another one bites the dust :P
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:20 am 

Guess he needed more than the genetics.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:31 am 

Krolleosis wrote:
Guess he needed more than the genetics.

:mozilla_laughing: :mozilla_laughing: :mozilla_laughing:

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:32 am 

I dont know. I'm just about tired of the whole ordeal.

Something needs to change, but I know its not going to. Human corruption is fucking everything up. :mozilla_yell:

Either legalize the shit or get better testing and way fucking harsher penalties.

Its not that they're using steroids for me. Its that they're breaking the rules.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:32 am 

facesmasher wrote:
Its not that they're using steroids for me. Its that they're breaking the rules.

I think the same. If steroids were legal I wouldn't care if they juiced. It's the rule breaking that's annoying because it says something about a person. Then again, I'm not a pro, I don't earn money by doing sports. Perhaps if supporting my family was on the line I wouldn't be so uptight about cheating. But THEN again there is the "nobody forced you to become a pro athlete" argument. I'll stop here before I develop a double personality disorder :mozilla_tongue:

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:18 am 

I care, while roids are illegal it's a terrible example to student athletes. Steroid use is so widespread in high school sports it's unreal. That's children getting dosed up with hormones for the sake of a game. Dunno, it just feels wrong.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:53 am 

Brooklyn_teacher wrote:
I care, while roids are illegal it's a terrible example to student athletes. Steroid use is so widespread in high school sports it's unreal. That's children getting dosed up with hormones for the sake of a game. Dunno, it just feels wrong.

I'd blame the pressure to win and be the best more than the steroids. If those people are willing to put a potentially hazardous substance in their organisms (and are aware of it, I doubt they aren't) just to win a high school event, then something went wrong with teaching them the priorities. Roids are just means to an end.

I also think that if athletes stopped juicing not much would change. More people would simply be willing to think in terms of: "so they don't boost themselves?.... great... this means I can do it and have a headstart!"

I also agree with facesmasher that PEDs should either be allowed, or given A LOT harsher penalties, because currently they're in some sort of a "grey zone". Each time an athlete tests positive they just apologize, wait a year or something and go back to sport. Who knows how long they had remained undetected and how much they had earned up to that point thanks to PEDs. The law makes the risk more than worth it.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:21 pm 

Before these guys are professional athletes they are men. Human beings. They like us were young, thought about it for this reason or that but they took the leap of faith.

I'm an adult, my personal pressures have had me considering taking steroids recently. The only think keeping me from getting attacked by a group of people is that i don't walk into the bar with the wrong group of people having had played several games of beer pong.

I think, steroids could keep me safer longer. Keeping me from it is the off cycle depression i was taught about by a friend of mine back when i was about 20. The self image of a body builder gives them a lot of confidence but the back last. Even when they are better then when they started they feel a back lash of regression when they stop. Be it for off cycle or be it to stop for good. I feel that would make me suffer more then i do now when the state of my turbulent social standing is at a low rather then a high.

I wouldn't us juice to be a muscle gorilla.

I'd grow the muscle but my focus would be to be the best fighter i could be. Not for fans, not for girls and not for a team or an income. It would be for when the mob comes. For a hope that I'll have what it takes to get off my punches and those that would just mouse a dude would put him to sleep and take away a threat. In hopes that my foot lock that someone may kick out of or I'd get pulled off of before it could make him limp for 8 months in regret maybe make him need surgery and have a reminder of our fight every winter when the cold creeps into our injuries for the next 10 years.

Now if i do this. Its for me, my safety, my mental health and since this gang has home invaded my residence, since they have shot a gun at me whos ricochet has pierced my skin and violated my body i feel i have righteous gains to be had by taking steroids and making my self a better being walking earth. Its not vanity, its not to attract women or make men scared to cock block me and stand down cause im about to pick up a woman they been wanting to but haven't had the confidence to. Its so i can walk the streets where i gotta go with a greater chance of not being attacked. So that when i am what would be damage may be fight enders in the forum of a landed combination or a submission that rather then hurts really injures.

MMA isn't in my face in NY. It isn't around but in NJ. I don't have the will to go. If it lands in my backyard and now I'm disqualified from being in the sport. Earning 40% of my ticket sales, earning win bonuses and sponsorship money that could relocate me. Give me more to live for. Get me in a school as a reputable trainer. Well that would all be taken away from me cause at some point when i was 25 i attracted gang attention and i wasn't built socially to army up. I as just the little guy, the solo individual.

Their may be people in the sport that had to use what the environment has to offer in order to measure up to people that socially or genetically would always be too challenging overcome. To escape the entrapments of social slavery, or the entrapments of being alpha male'd.

I personally lost a lot. Friends that weren't that die hard friend but would always speak back to you when you spoke to them, always walked up and sat with you when they seen you seated some where. People who gave a shit enough to love you and include you but weren't strong enough to join the blood shed. Women. Maybe a great future mother, someone that could give me insight or enlightenment upon a business deliberation or just another perspective that closes the gap in the 360 degrees of often deserved attention that a decision deserves and with out it opportunity is missed out on.

Some time the choices you make aren't illegal or cheating but become so when you go on and enter something like in this case. Athletic guidelines.

Taking steroids to keep a head of a dedicated threat. Is my most recent contemplation.
Just never bought it up cause here, sherdog etc don't take kindly to that kind of chat

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:01 pm 

You really do have some wack friends.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:35 pm 

styleten wrote:
Before these guys are professional athletes they are men. Human beings. They like us were young, thought about it for this reason or that but they took the leap of faith.

I'm an adult, my personal pressures have had me considering taking steroids recently. The only think keeping me from getting attacked by a group of people is that i don't walk into the bar with the wrong group of people having had played several games of beer pong.

I think, steroids could keep me safer longer. Keeping me from it is the off cycle depression i was taught about by a friend of mine back when i was about 20. The self image of a body builder gives them a lot of confidence but the back last. Even when they are better then when they started they feel a back lash of regression when they stop. Be it for off cycle or be it to stop for good. I feel that would make me suffer more then i do now when the state of my turbulent social standing is at a low rather then a high.

I wouldn't us juice to be a muscle gorilla.

I'd grow the muscle but my focus would be to be the best fighter i could be. Not for fans, not for girls and not for a team or an income. It would be for when the mob comes. For a hope that I'll have what it takes to get off my punches and those that would just mouse a dude would put him to sleep and take away a threat. In hopes that my foot lock that someone may kick out of or I'd get pulled off of before it could make him limp for 8 months in regret maybe make him need surgery and have a reminder of our fight every winter when the cold creeps into our injuries for the next 10 years.

Now if i do this. Its for me, my safety, my mental health and since this gang has home invaded my residence, since they have shot a gun at me whos ricochet has pierced my skin and violated my body i feel i have righteous gains to be had by taking steroids and making my self a better being walking earth. Its not vanity, its not to attract women or make men scared to cock block me and stand down cause im about to pick up a woman they been wanting to but haven't had the confidence to. Its so i can walk the streets where i gotta go with a greater chance of not being attacked. So that when i am what would be damage may be fight enders in the forum of a landed combination or a submission that rather then hurts really injures.

MMA isn't in my face in NY. It isn't around but in NJ. I don't have the will to go. If it lands in my backyard and now I'm disqualified from being in the sport. Earning 40% of my ticket sales, earning win bonuses and sponsorship money that could relocate me. Give me more to live for. Get me in a school as a reputable trainer. Well that would all be taken away from me cause at some point when i was 25 i attracted gang attention and i wasn't built socially to army up. I as just the little guy, the solo individual.

Their may be people in the sport that had to use what the environment has to offer in order to measure up to people that socially or genetically would always be too challenging overcome. To escape the entrapments of social slavery, or the entrapments of being alpha male'd.

I personally lost a lot. Friends that weren't that die hard friend but would always speak back to you when you spoke to them, always walked up and sat with you when they seen you seated some where. People who gave a shit enough to love you and include you but weren't strong enough to join the blood shed. Women. Maybe a great future mother, someone that could give me insight or enlightenment upon a business deliberation or just another perspective that closes the gap in the 360 degrees of often deserved attention that a decision deserves and with out it opportunity is missed out on.

Some time the choices you make aren't illegal or cheating but become so when you go on and enter something like in this case. Athletic guidelines.

Taking steroids to keep a head of a dedicated threat. Is my most recent contemplation.
Just never bought it up cause here, sherdog etc don't take kindly to that kind of chat

Translation please?

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk