Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk

Post subject: UFC 150 *Spoilers*
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:12 am 

What did everyone think of the card? I thought Frankie Edgar won the fight but it was very close.
Also Cowboy's knockout was pretty damn good!

Post subject: Re: UFC 150 *Spoilers*
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:48 am 

I really dont give a shit about edgar, if you need multiple attempts to beat someone and you tie up the title all the time and make everyone in one of the most stacked mma divisions wait for ever for title shots, i don't want you champ. Nothing personal, but i'm much more excited for Diaz-Bendo than Edgar-(random fighter) III or IV

I wanna see Edgar drop to 145 and fight aldo, aldo will destroy his legs. it will be brutally awesome. Its bad that i hate edgar its nothing personal, i'm just frustrated with LW it could be so much more exciting of a division. His fights are usually action packed, but i'm sick of so many close fights by the same guy.

Cerrone/Guillard was pretty exciting. Holy shit is guillard a waist of talent.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:18 am 

Edgar won the fight, hands down. As for Frankie and constantly having close fights? He has been fighting nothing but the best for such a long time! I think it's impressive as hell that as undersized as he is, he's able to fight at such a high level against opponents who are so much bigger than him. Literally, his last two opponents appeared to be two weight classes bigger on fight night, and he is still able to do what he does.

Also, I didn't see Edgar vs. Henderson II as being a "razor thin" decision, like the commentators would have people believe. The only round Henderson won was the first. If a fighter controls the action and lands the more meaningful, decisive, damaging blows time and time again, and wins 4 out of 5 rounds, they should earn a unanimous decision. There's nothing close about that.

I can see the argument that it gets old seeing one fighter fight the same opponent two or three times, but on the flip side, every one of Frankie's fights are intense and action packed. Even those fights that take a rubber match to clear the air. Edgar vs. Penn and Edgar vs. Maynard were some incredible bouts! Henderson vs. Edgar is no exception, but the second fight went the wrong way.

I don't think Edgar should have to move down to FW if he fights well at LW. However, if he does make the move, i don't think that Aldo vs. Edgar will be as easy for Aldo as most believe. I agree that leg kicks would be Edgar's demise if he doesn't game plan for it, but Frankie is one of the smartest fighters out there when it comes to strategy and execution.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 am 

Ya know all the people who whine about mma decisions are getting to me. Do any mma fans watch NBA or college basketball. Pretty much every close game could have gone either way on a controversial foul on the last two minutes of the game. every time. You got unlucky. If you're so great and deserve to be champ, put him away or win so strong that if you do get robbed (Rua/Machida and any opponent of leonard garcia) Every fan demands a rematch. At the end of the day, Dana White and Joe silva strongly favor match ups the fans want to see, unless it would hinder long term profits.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:22 pm 

I think finishing fights is Edgar's biggest problem, and will always be, because he pecks guys to death and fights more like an Olympic boxer than, say, Wanderlei or Tyson. This happens to be why I don't like him as a fighter. I never did until I went and watched some of his old fights (before beating Penn), and I like what I saw better. But since then, it's been the same. His striking is like watching an epileptic rabbit playing tag. Between that and the fact that he is naturally a FW, I don't know if he has a future in the LW division.

And yea, Cerone's knockout was fantastic. I actually laughed out loud at the turn around.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk