Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk

Post subject: Re: UFC 146
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:02 am 

There is nothing special about Nick Diaz' boxing. I personally know dozens of guys his weight that box like him.

Overeem won't do shit to JDS. As soon the first round ends he'll already be out punched like a heavy bag.

K1 striking doesn't have anything in common with striking part of MMA. Plus mma fighters are 10 times tougher than kickboxers and boxers.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:27 pm 

ice wrote:
There is nothing special about Nick Diaz' boxing. I personally know dozens of guys his weight that box like him.

Overeem won't do shit to JDS. As soon the first round ends he'll already be out punched like a heavy bag.

K1 striking doesn't have anything in common with striking part of MMA. Plus mma fighters are 10 times tougher than kickboxers and boxers.

Pretty bold statements there, bro.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:02 pm 

No kidding.

Especially when you consider that Alistar has been doing mma matches for 13 years, has almost 50 fights and hasn't been beaten since 2007.

Bondurant wrote:
ice wrote:

Pretty bold statements there, bro.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:15 am 

Overeem is a good fighter, don't get me wrong, but he's not match for JDS. Since 2007, when he got ktfo by Kharitonov, he won more than 10 fights, all were second class fighters besides Mark Hunt, who wasn't that good then, Fabricio Werdum, who, in my opinion, should have taken that decission because he landed more strikes, but that fight was a catastrophe for mma and of course his most notable win over Brock Lesnar by tko, a Lesnar that is not even 50 % of his prime because of the disease he's been through.

He isn't that great at all. Being tossed around like a rag in Pride from fighters like Chuck Liddell, he built his name over years of steroid abuse, his kickboxing skills aren't any better than they used to be when he was fighting in 205, he just added 50 pounds of brute force with chemicals. Now he got scared of JDS and took roids and got caught. Only field he is better than JDS is clinch.

On the other hand you have JDS, who is undefeated in UFC and has only one loss in his carrier and ends 90% of his fights by KO, and since 2007 he defeated FAR BETTER fighters than Overeem and in a more convincing, more brutal way.

For example, Werdum was better than Overeem in their fight. JDS KO'ed Werdum. Then there are Cain, Mir, Carwin, Nelson, Gilbert Yvel, Struve.

Fuck I bet Overeem would lose at least to two of these guys

If it ever happens, Overeem gets destroyed.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » MMA Talk