Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation

Post subject: hemp oil.. what to believe?
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:01 am 

Stumbled across an old thread on here, guxs start talking jazz about hemp milk. Before I came to it, id just been watching footage of some guy whos got go to court for using hemp oil to cure people with cancer.. He was making it and supplying it for free by the way.. Its kinda dangerous to make, but then I started looking at hemp protein, , theres too much contradictory shit out there on the internet these days, may as well just drink penzoil as my post workout shake..

theres an article on westona price that seems pretty BS though im not sure what to think. Stating how itsnot for human consumption, yet others claim its a superfood.

why the fuck should I listen to anyone lol? (no offence to those advocating for or against)..

Post subject: Re: hemp oil.. what to believe?
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:18 am 

Bump*

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:42 am 

As a rule of thumb, don't go crazy over these kinds of things. The closest thing to some miracle food is: "eat more vegetables". Beyond that, there are websites around a zillion different compounds all claiming to be "super" -- which plays into the hands of the producers, sellers, distributors, etc., especially for people who are gullible enough to buy into the whole "superfood" notion.

I would not particularly put much credence in either those hemp oil sites you're reading, or especially in Weston Price's info (Although I love the irony of one set of goofballs contradicting the other).

If you're really that confused, you're making things too complicated, probably because you're getting contrary advice, all from suspect sources. What are you trying to do and why? Just put together a healthy workout shake? That's easy, no hemp oil research needed.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 am 

I was looking at hemp rotein, apparently im intolerant to whey.
took one of those york food intolerance tests and I dont even know if they are legit either, cant get an allergy test or anything with doctor cus they waste my time, I only took it cus im constantly bringing up mucous which sucks, but apparently im intolerant to gluten and lactose, and borderline intolerant to wheat too,
need a bit of an overhaul in diet, not sure where to start since im on a budget, what makes it worse is ive been trying to eat more, my goals nowadays are towards mass gain, I can barely maintain 160 on 2600 calories and im 5'10 wtf! Lol, granted im small frame (6.5" wrists). Going through that bs internet phase again as opposed to just getting it done lol.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:31 am 

Ah, ok. For me, hemp protein was a non-issue. I can't stomach the swampy taste. None of the vegetable proteins taste great to me, but rice protein is easily covered up with some berries, so is my top choice. Pea protein is better than hemp but not as good as rice, at least to me. Also, I understand some people who think they are lactose-intolerant have some other allergy around cow's milk, and find relief is they drink goat's milk instead, so you might try goat's milk protein instead (though I imagine it will cost more)

Also, hemp oil is not the same thing as hemp protein -- why are you reading hemp oil articles if what you're interested in is hemp protein?

Post Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:44 am 

Salto wrote:
Ah, ok. For me, hemp protein was a non-issue. I can't stomach the swampy taste. None of the vegetable proteins taste great to me, but rice protein is easily covered up with some berries, so is my top choice. Pea protein is better than hemp but not as good as rice, at least to me. Also, I understand some people who think they are lactose-intolerant have some other allergy around cow's milk, and find relief is they drink goat's milk instead, so you might try goat's milk protein instead (though I imagine it will cost more)

Also, hemp oil is not the same thing as hemp protein -- why are you reading hemp oil articles if what you're interested in is hemp protein?

Now, that's funny I was interested in both at first, starting reading about this rick simpson guy who cured cancer with hemp oil and was taken to court for giving it to people in need. Then I read about hemp porten but it looks like the latest marketing scam of the healthfood industry to me, I watched a vieo on youtube the company "nutiva" were telling people to throw away processed crap that is riddled with omega 6, and replace it with hemp protein, and other stuff that is in fact loaded with omega 6 also lol.

too much bs.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:29 am 

Bump*
need more thoughs (brainpower is awesome).

Post Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 pm 

Basically all alternative medicine cancer cures are outright scams. Whatever hemp oil can do I guarantee it cannot cure cancer and the guy trying to pass it off as a cure was a scumbag. This comes from personal experience with friends/family who had cancer and researching the numerous quacks out there who are trying to sell fake cures.

Hemp is alright as a food source. It's like chia seeds or flaxseeds in that they have some protein, a good amount of fiber, and some healthy fats. None of that is magic but it is good for you and can be used in a lot of different ways. Hulled seeds are so small you can add them to basically anything. Soups, salads, nut mixes, or whatever else you want.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:26 am 

genericusername wrote:
Basically all alternative medicine cancer cures are outright scams. Whatever hemp oil can do I guarantee it cannot cure cancer and the guy trying to pass it off as a cure was a scumbag. This comes from personal experience with friends/family who had cancer and researching the numerous quacks out there who are trying to sell fake cures.

Hemp is alright as a food source. It's like chia seeds or flaxseeds in that they have some protein, a good amount of fiber, and some healthy fats. None of that is magic but it is good for you and can be used in a lot of different ways. Hulled seeds are so small you can add them to basically anything. Soups, salads, nut mixes, or whatever else you want.

But the guy sposedly cured his own father.. You should take anorher look man, rick simpson was giving this away for free there were no profit..

Post Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 am 

My brother suffers from eczema and has been taking hemp seed oil I ask him daily if its helping him and he says it is. It kind of makes me want to try hemp protein shakes.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation