Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: warrior diet should i ?
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am 

vicenteumanzor wrote:
finnegan wrote:
Friend has started WD. She states she noticed after the hungry period she gets to a point where she loses her appetite at night and has to force herself to eat. I didnt have this experience but It makes sense to me, any one else encounter this?

I'm not doing the warrior diet but the leangains version but in concept they're both the same thing. But yes I've experience the same thing. Its weird, yet my performance hasn't suffered and I've been leaning out so everything is working out fine. I've realized that this is a diet VERY easy to maintain on all levels (the weight, hungry, one's sanity, etc.). As with everything there is a transition period and some getting used to but once your mind and body have adapted you'll be pleased with the new approach and with the results.

How do you like leangains, I have cruised the website but nothing in depth. Whats the details of it? How do you like it so far?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:47 am 

thought id post an update, im now on my third day of the diet and its going well im adapting to feeling good, i thunk i was deficient in minerals or something but that seems to be going away. for the undereating phase im cycling between blueberries,, cherrys and rasberiers with also an orange an apple and bannana if im realy hunger i will eat some celery and lettuce. for the over eating phase im switching between fish chicken and beef will all my cooked veg. I havnt had a high carb day yet as the diet suggest i think i can eat porridge for breakfast but im not shure. This is also the end of my first year of convict conditioning :mozilla_smile: close to stage two

if u read through that good for you, i know my spelling is terrible :violin:

Thanks

Post Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:25 am 

Porridge. Most likely a no no for WD unless you consider yourself an active athlete. His idea is no carbs like that during undereating phase. But again, he says do what makes sense, dont do anything that doesnt make sense. If it works for you then go for it.

Im with you on the berries. Ive been wolfing down fruit since eating this way.

Convict Conditioning is a book I picked up after long term prodding from a friend. I like it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:00 pm 

I know this thread is a few months old but have any of you who have tried WD found you lost a lot of weight?... What if your a dude with a fast metabolism/ectomorph.

Is it a bad diet to try for those types?, I don't want to lose mad weight!

:naughty:

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:17 pm 

Did it a few years back and it was cool but without keeping track of macros it's a hard way to grow or cut!

Check out LeanGains, much more focused approach!
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=63770

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:46 pm 

eye tryed da warrier diet an dyed 1rst dai

b carful

http://www.youtube.com/user/MURDR63
http://www.youtube.com/user/FRIGORILLA

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 am 

MURDR wrote:
eye tryed da warrier diet an dyed 1rst dai

b carful

you died? hol e-y shit dude

when you came back was it like the bread thing with jesus?

On a more srs notey..

I think Hershell Walker follows a similar thing to WD, he's pretty shredded/muscular no?..

I can't see how it would be good for blood sugar levels tbh..

Post Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:56 pm 

I've been IF'ing for the last 6-7 weeks (using LG for the first 3 and the warrior diet for the rest) and I love it.

Using it to lose weight for boxing and if say I'm about 8% body fat with a goal of getting to 6%. Getting tested in the bodpod in 2 weeks :)

The warrior diet just made sense for my boxing as you usually find when you have to cut weight you won't be able to eat anything throughout the day as you will be over on the scale. So why not just train your body to deal with no food all day all the time? An it's worked great for me.

Training wise has been excellent and I have never felt fitter. I do use the lean gains carb cycling approach but its just such a great approach!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:33 am 

^^ Not a boxer ( bjj guy) but I agree. Food tastes better and my stomach feels great, I dont feel weighed down and I never feel deprived.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:12 pm 

Im just worried of it possibly affecting something like boxing/mma progress long-term?

Your body is gonna be clucking for energy sources when you train boxing man... its mad calories burnt up.. Im sure you will feel great when you get down to 6% bf and so on, but after that you might just end up losing too much weight when you start boxing.. I'm not sure but seems risky?

I mean in all seriousness if you can train combat sports whilst doing LG/WD, and do so indefinitely then that is some miraculous shit. Most diets seem to provide those short term highs, and results, I feel this is where IF maybe excels as it is something that works well if you use it every now and again, or methodically i.e. -

Perhaps work well during last week/few days up to a fight?.. whilst tapering off the training intensity..

But if you use it indefinitely for a sport then I can't see it being good, and even if you use it to get your weight down for a fight, you really don't want to be doing it any other time than during tapering I would say..

I wouldn't recommend it for "frequent" amateur matches/periods (like a tournament running the course of a week) either, as IF'ing during that period is surely gonna leave you super drained.. idk though, maybe someone else can chime in on this regarding IF'ing related to combat sports performance?

(I'm new to IF so don't quote me on anything as of yet)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation