Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: The intermittent fasting thread
 Post Posted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:35 am 

Hey, sorry I missed this. I'm just going to assume you weigh about 170lbs.

Meal 1 @ 2pm
250g Beef mince - the lower fat kind, I dont know what you would call it where you live
Either a couple of tomatoes chopped or a tin of chopped tomatoes - depending on how you feel about canned food.
Same deal for kidney beans(250g), either canned or prepare yourself.
Some other veggies and spices, whatever floats your boat, won't add many calories.

Meal 2 @ 5-5:30pm
200g Chicken breast/other lean meat
1/4-1/2 cup of rice - have whatever kind you prefer
Other veggies and spices, I like curries before aerobic activity, they help me feel ready to go, but whatever you like really.

OR alternatively if you don't do well training after eating then I'd say have a protein shake, with mixed protein sources (WPI, 1-2 whole eggs, greek yoghurt) and some carbs like dates, bananas etc.. ready to go, have some before and during training (6-9 is a long session)

Meal 3 @ 9-10pm - This meal can vary depending on what you are doing with your weight, what your training load is like the next day etc.. I'll right down the bare minimum that I'd do, that way you can always add from there.
400g of meat - not as lean as chicken breast, but not really fatty.
3/4 cup of rice(dry) or 500g of potato/sweet potato
A piece of fruit
some veggies whatever low calorie extras you want to add on.

This is also how I'd eat at 170lbs, I do have to eat a lot of food to just keep my weight steady, so if you find that you are a lighter eater then you will want to decrease all of the amounts by a little, maybe 10%.

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:22 am 

David_89 wrote:
Hey, sorry I missed this. I'm just going to assume you weigh about 170lbs.

Meal 1 @ 2pm
250g Beef mince - the lower fat kind, I dont know what you would call it where you live
Either a couple of tomatoes chopped or a tin of chopped tomatoes - depending on how you feel about canned food.
Same deal for kidney beans(250g), either canned or prepare yourself.
Some other veggies and spices, whatever floats your boat, won't add many calories.

Meal 2 @ 5-5:30pm
200g Chicken breast/other lean meat
1/4-1/2 cup of rice - have whatever kind you prefer
Other veggies and spices, I like curries before aerobic activity, they help me feel ready to go, but whatever you like really.

OR alternatively if you don't do well training after eating then I'd say have a protein shake, with mixed protein sources (WPI, 1-2 whole eggs, greek yoghurt) and some carbs like dates, bananas etc.. ready to go, have some before and during training (6-9 is a long session)

Meal 3 @ 9-10pm - This meal can vary depending on what you are doing with your weight, what your training load is like the next day etc.. I'll right down the bare minimum that I'd do, that way you can always add from there.
400g of meat - not as lean as chicken breast, but not really fatty.
3/4 cup of rice(dry) or 500g of potato/sweet potato
A piece of fruit
some veggies whatever low calorie extras you want to add on.

This is also how I'd eat at 170lbs, I do have to eat a lot of food to just keep my weight steady, so if you find that you are a lighter eater then you will want to decrease all of the amounts by a little, maybe 10%.

Thanks. How many calories does that equate to?

Post Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 9:29 am 

~210-220g P
~200-300g C
~40-50g F
2500 total calories roughly (Used the upper numbers because I haven't factored in the small extras you might have in, extra fruit, oil in cooking, protein in beans etc...)

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:53 am 

David_89 wrote:
~210-220g P
~200-300g C
~40-50g F
2500 total calories roughly (Used the upper numbers because I haven't factored in the small extras you might have in, extra fruit, oil in cooking, protein in beans etc...)

Appreciate your advice and input, thanks again.

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:50 pm 

Love IF. If you drink enough water throughout the day, you shouldn't have cravings, and having all your meals so close together really fills you up!

What do you guys do? 24 hour fast followed by 24 hour non-fasting? 19/5? 16/8?

I do 16/8 (usually have my pre-workout meal at 12, go to gym until about 1:30-2, then eat until about 7-8).

http://www.youtube.com/user/MURDR63
http://www.youtube.com/user/FRIGORILLA

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:12 pm 

MURDR wrote:
Love IF. If you drink enough water throughout the day, you shouldn't have cravings, and having all your meals so close together really fills you up!

What do you guys do? 24 hour fast followed by 24 hour non-fasting? 19/5? 16/8?

I do 16/8 (usually have my pre-workout meal at 12, go to gym until about 1:30-2, then eat until about 7-8).

I also enjoy IF, as you might gather from this thread, I don't think it is some golden ticket to leanness but I enjoy eating this way. Most of the time I don't hungry at all in the mornings anymore (if I'm eating around maintenance) but post workout I get ravenous.

I'm a ~16/8er, always fasted training, 2 days a week I have to eat 12-8/9 but most of the time it is 1-8/9.

Last week I did a protein sparing modified fast as well as eating this way, I doubt I would have been able to do it if I was doing 6 meals a day.

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:14 pm 

I've been reading about IF now and really would love to try it out. I'm just worried because in here: http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/08/leangai ... -yourself/ it says that "weight train 3 days a week and rest 4". It didn't say 3 sessions it said 3 days. So basically I could have maybe 2 sessions a day, one light and one heavy.
Also how does additional cardio fit in? I'm the kind of guy who likes to work hard for the reward. The reward now being better life style.
Also I try to do BJJ/SW twice a week and the classes end 8.30pm and I have to drive about 30min to home. Meal to go?

Sorry I'm probably asking all the stupid questions but I've done a lot of things without really knowing much about it and would like to do everything right this time.

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:30 pm 

Quote:
I've been reading about IF now and really would love to try it out. I'm just worried because in here: http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/08/leangai ... -yourself/ it says that "weight train 3 days a week and rest 4". It didn't say 3 sessions it said 3 days. So basically I could have maybe 2 sessions a day, one light and one heavy.

Huh? This doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

Martin trains once every second or third day, he advises people using his system to do this, but it isn't a set in stone rule.

Quote:
Also how does additional cardio fit in? I'm the kind of guy who likes to work hard for the reward. The reward now being better life style.
Also I try to do BJJ/SW twice a week and the classes end 8.30pm and I have to drive about 30min to home. Meal to go?

If you go back and read this thread you'll find information that should answer this stuff. If the info here doesn't solve your problem and you have read the leangains FAQ then try again.

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:01 am 

Ok thanks, I found my answers reading lots of blogs, posts and FAQs.

Though I'm still puzzled about is it advised to break the fast same time everyday or can it vary a bit?

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:47 am 

SuperboyReload wrote:
Ok thanks, I found my answers reading lots of blogs, posts and FAQs.

Though I'm still puzzled about is it advised to break the fast same time everyday or can it vary a bit?

Well, it can vary, but it's recommended you keep it consistent because your body will adjust and feel hungry at times when you usually eat.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MURDR63
http://www.youtube.com/user/FRIGORILLA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation