Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation

Post subject: juicers and juicing
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:56 am 

I have trouble eating enough vegetables and have since bought a Hamilton Big Mouth Juicer from amazon for like sixty bucks.

Is it possible to just drink any and all salad vegetables that might have otherwise been eaten, to the point where one never need eat a solid vegetable again? Can a vegetable or fruit juice (or mixer) be stored frozen?
What about pesticides? Are Wal-Mart vegetables safe for juicing?

Post subject: Re: juicers and juicing
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:51 am 

I dont have a juicer I have a nutribullet.

Whole food is always great, preferable. The great things about juicers, nutribullet is you can pack alot of vegetable in because of the liquid form it becomes.

When i blast up some celery, spinach and pear I feel energized immediately, its not just in my mind either, other friends have similar thing happen.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:36 am 

I throw a lot of shit into my juicer. Kale, celery, carrots, apples, beets, grapefruit, blueberries. You can do whatever you can handle taste/texture wise (carrots for example don't break down fully in my juice, minor difference). If I'm not digging the taste (not too picky here), I'll just throw in extra blueberries. Always does the trick.

I don't like storing juice. You can do it though. You'll just have to stir it up because all the solid will gather at the top.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:19 pm 

Yesterday I juiced up a whole batch of beets, tops and all, straight from my garden.

I use only heirloom seeds and no chemical fertilizers or pestisides - totally organic.

Drinking fresh, organic juices is like giving your body the elixir of life.

You do need your fibre, if you don't get it from the fruits/veggies then perhaps the whole grains?

And I don't know if it is true, but I read some where that you have to drink freshly squeezed juice within ten minutes or it loses its vitality.

Don't they have an organic foods section at Walmart? Try to buy or better yet grow organic when ever possible. If not, juicing from regular produce is still super healthy and is light years ahead of any type of bottled juice you can buy.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:16 am 

high tren/low test is what i'm on now

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:05 am 

I think if you're juicing the recommended amount of fruits and veggies per day, then there's probably no further benefit to eat fruits/veggies. That's provided you are getting enough fibre.

And Walmart produce is no different from produce anywhere else.
It's just fine.
Organic is better if you can afford it.

Freezing, like the other poster said, it's better to drink immediately.
However, if you're gonna store it - it's probably better to store frozen.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:48 pm 

Fans of green juicing, or juicing raw vegetables, say that you can drink more vegetables than you can eat, and that juicing allows your body to more easily absorb the vitamins and antioxidants extracted from fresh produce.
-Rosetta

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:17 pm 

Just make sure people know you are talking about a juice extractor, and not steroids/peds.

Cuz sometimes when I talk about juicing, people say mean things like...."they're not working". :mozilla_cry:

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation