Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:17 pm 

I think it is an excellent idea.

This would benefit us all.

when do we start posting?

cheers and congratulations for your new family member.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:39 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
I have some webspace that could be used to host it.

I can host it here. That's no problem. As for formats, I still have a few ideas to bounce around. It's been hectic this weekend, but I hope to be all caught up by tonight. I'll post a few more thoughts, ideas, etc.

Ross

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:43 pm 

I like the structure that Keyboard Warrior has layouted, however I would like to see a photo of the dish included.

Also instead of just kcals, you could also add indications for protein, carbs and fat. If you have to look up the calories, you can quickly find out the p/c/f contents.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:21 am 

this is a great idea because alot of people tend to slightly adjust recipes to make them taste better. because the amount of times ive followed a healthy eating recipe and yeah it was definitely healthy but the source didnt say anything about it tasting good and it was disgusting.LOL

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Also instead of just kcals, you could also add indications for protein, carbs and fat. If you have to look up the calories, you can quickly find out the p/c/f contents.

I don't agree. I don't count calories now, and don't count nutrient ratios. I won't start for the sake of sharing a recipe. In addition, most wouldn't know the specific contents of a homemade meal anyway.

Let's just share some healthy meals that taste good. That's all you'll ever need. As for splitting hairs over various nutrient ratios, it isn't necessary. Go ask the elephant or gorilla about his nutrient ratios. They don't count either, but are doing pretty well from a strength standpoint :lol:

Ross

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:17 pm 

Ross Enamait wrote:
Quote:

I don't agree. I don't count calories now, and don't count nutrient ratios. I won't start for the sake of sharing a recipe. In addition, most wouldn't know the specific contents of a homemade meal anyway.

I thought the calorie instructions were optional, and I thought when you already look up the caloric density, you might as well add the ratios.

I agree that you don't need to know all the numbers, but since some people (the Zone followers for example) know this already, you might just as well add it. But as said only as an option.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:56 pm 

roudenleiw wrote:
I agree that you don't need to know all th numbers, but since some people (the Zone followers for example) know this already, you might just as well add it. But as said only as an option.

I suppose if its that important to an individual, they could find the values of each individual ingredient and work it out for themselves.

I've got a couple of recipes I could add, this is a great idea. Variety is such a massive help for people who are new to healthy eating habits.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:34 pm 

This sounds like an awesome idea. I'm actually experimenting with cooking now, since schools out, so I might be able to add some good recipes.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:18 pm 

I feel pretty hopeless in the kitchen. I'm thinking about taking some culinary courses to rectify this situation.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:32 pm 

get this bad boy going, I am starting to get bored with cajun chicken and broccilli.......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Nutrition and Supplementation