Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:44 am 

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 1173
Philo Beddoe wrote:
Steward doesn't give Lee proper attention? I thought Andy Lee lived at Steward's home. I think Lee has done as well as he can. He's a good fighter, but he isn't really an elite talent. It's not a lack of coaching that has limited him but rather his physical limitations.

As for your proposed bet, are you going to give me 9 to 1 odds? :mozilla_wink: If not, you're not really standing behind your "Khan's got a 90% chance of winning" statement.


Andy Lee was interviewed by Steve Bunce on BoxNation. Ergo my statement.

I'll bet you on equal odds. Hell, let's make it £100. :mozilla_money:

_________________
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -- Tyson.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:11 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:26 am
Posts: 668
Location: Ontario
So you truly think it's a 50/50 fight and that Garcia is at least Khan's equal. Hence my point that saying that Khan would win 9 out of 10 times was an emotional response, not a rational one. It's funny how money puts things into perspective, isn't it? :mozilla_money:

_________________
"It ain't nuthin but a Thang." - Kirk Lazarus


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:17 am 

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:22 am
Posts: 637
Location: Wisconsin
Philo Beddoe wrote:
It's funny how money puts things into perspective, isn't it? :mozilla_money:

Lol, and LOL.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:38 am 

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 1173
Philo Beddoe wrote:
So you truly think it's a 50/50 fight and that Garcia is at least Khan's equal. Hence my point that saying that Khan would win 9 out of 10 times was an emotional response, not a rational one. It's funny how money puts things into perspective, isn't it? :mozilla_money:


Right, so me putting money on the line furthers your point that I'm unconfident?

How? Go on, elaborate.

By the way, Andy Lee and Manny Steward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo1E4Dzcvjs

Head to 3 minutes. Note how Andy tells Steve Wladimir is Manny's "Priority". And that he's being trained by someone else as Manny carries out his role as a TV pundit. Debating you such is fun. I hand your ass to you time and again. Yet you always come back for more.

_________________
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -- Tyson.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:14 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:26 am
Posts: 668
Location: Ontario
Brazen wrote:
Debating you such is fun. I hand your ass to you time and again. Yet you always come back for more.


You're 50% confident, not 90% confident. You don't really believe that Khan would win 9 out of 10 times, as evidenced by offering only 50-50 odds. My argument is that 90-10 odds are ridiculous and your refusal to put your money where your mouth is proves that when push comes to shove you agree with me.

The whole Andy Lee thing is an aside to the discussion and not the central focus, so I really wasn't making a real argument other than I doubt he would be elite, even if Manny Steward paid him more attention. The reason Wladamir gets priority is because he's better. However, I know you like each conversation to have a declared winner (usually as judged by yourself, btw), so I'll concede you the win on this one.

As for handing me my ass, I think anyone rationally (there's that word again) reading this from the outside would think otherwise. You're feeling backed into a corner and starting to cross over into non-relevant personal attacks as is your habit (who cares if someone is selling protein in his signature, it has nothing to do with the discussion). I've been down that road with you before and am uninterested in doing so again, so I'll bid this conversation adieu.

_________________
"It ain't nuthin but a Thang." - Kirk Lazarus


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:16 am 

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 1173
Y'know, I actually never bet. I don't even play the lottery. So the odds are irrelevant. On the other hand, the idea that I'd bet £100 on a 50/50 bet is laughable.

As for the personals. I'm just having a craic. :mozilla_wink:

_________________
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -- Tyson.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 am 
Philo Beddoe wrote:
As to why a fighter like Garcia will always stand a good chance against Khan, I'll let Breadman Edwards explain it. This breakdown was posted last week. You'll notice that he ultimately picked Khan to win, but the reason why he thought Garcia stood a good chance is the exact reason why Garcia won.



Khan needs to make some serious changes to his style going forward (he'll need to become safer and more boring) as he doesn't have the defense and, more importantly, the punch resistance to continue fighting the way he does.



Man, this guy, Breadman Edwards, is a fantastic analyst! I've never heard of him before. I'll have to watch his other posts. Very impressed :clap: .


Top 
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:31 am 

Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 1173
Yeah, I like this guy too. Max Kellerman's my favourite analyst though. I also like Bernstein and Jim Lampley. Infact US commentator's are often better than their British counterparts.

Analyst's I dislike include John Rawling. I'd be curious to know Rawling's background. He's never struck me as being knowledgeable despite making brash statements that he never appears to substantiate.

_________________
"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." -- Tyson.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:59 pm 

Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 15
Khan started fast and clearly won the rounds but Garcia did not looked at all bothered by Khans punches (khan has over rated power). It was not a lucky punch, Garcia counterd him hard a couple of times in the second round (one of which I thought hurt Khan). Even when Khan was on top I could see this happening.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Khan vs. Garcia *Spoiler alert*
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:21 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:26 am
Posts: 668
Location: Ontario
Brazen wrote:
Yeah, I like this guy too. Max Kellerman's my favourite analyst though. I also like Bernstein and Jim Lampley. .


I like Max Kellerman as well. He's an encyclopedia of boxing info, but he doesn't have Breadman's eyes for breaking down the technical aspects of boxing. He's an up and coming trainer whom I expect will become quite successful over the next several years. If you read his fight predictions it's uncanny how often he picks not only who will win but HOW the fight will go. I guess that's how he got the nickname Breadman.

Bernstein's good too. I like Lampley's voice and the way he articulates his commentary. However, he's often very biased which I find bothersome.

_________________
"It ain't nuthin but a Thang." - Kirk Lazarus


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

 
 

Ads by Google


 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to: