Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk

Post subject: The Resurrection
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:06 am 

Like I said. Fringe world title contender vs. Top 3 fighter. Chisora was flattered in the praise he received after Vitali -Tonight that was put to bed. Haye is the most devastating finisher in HW Boxing. At least they were friends in the end ...

Bring on Klitschko. Either 1 of them. Both of them ... At once. Yeah ...

Post subject: Re: The Resurrection
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:13 am 

It was a thrilling fight indeed.
But either Klitschko is another league. Still, Haye is probably one of the best cruisers ever.

Faust

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:42 am 

Faust wrote:
Haye is probably one of the best cruisers ever.

Faust

Man, I'll have to make that my signature ^ Due credit, you've always been balanced.

Haye's ability to fashion a unique angle is untold in the HW division. He's a devastating counter-puncher. Among Wlad's principal assets is his footwork. Vitali doesn't have that ability, which is why I'd favor Haye v. the elder brother.

What are the prospects? Politics pending, it'll happen. I'll give you 22,000,000 reasons why.

Haye: Vitali Doesn't Want To Fight Me.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... rld-176664 ?

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:19 am 

I would still pick either Klit over Haye, although Vitali would be ripe for the picking now being the other side of 40

Haye's style is a little too open for my liking

But against Chisora his evasiveness was good

classic left hook, right hand for first knockdown

right hand, left hook to finish it off second knockdown

You have to admit Haye is not boring and went for the KO in this fight, and deserves credit for that

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:34 am 

average_expert wrote:
I would still pick either Klit over Haye, although Vitali would be ripe for the picking now being the other side of 40

Haye's style is a little too open for my liking

But against Chisora his evasiveness was good

classic left hook, right hand for first knockdown

right hand, left hook to finish it off second knockdown

You have to admit Haye is not boring and went for the KO in this fight, and deserves credit for that

Exactly. Look at the PPV numbers he generates - He's pure Box Office.

If there's 1 good thing to come out of this fight, it's BoxNation's emergence as a serious proposition in British sport. Finally, Boxing has a dedicated Boxing channel, and this fight has played a significant role in its ongoing success. The numbers here were better than Bruno v. Lewis.

A Haye victory v. Vitali and a final bow v. Wladimir would be a fitting end to his career.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:29 pm 

David haye best cruiserweight ever?
Guys i hate to be critical but best cruiserweight ever? I think david haye has had about a grand total of 6 or 7 world title fights in his career and how many of these were genuine threats
Maybe enzo mac? Jean mormeck? Nikolay valuev only based on his massive size yet lacklustre skillset?
And a loss too wladimir klistcho when he stepped up?
haye loses against wlad now for sure, And vitali being the bigger stronger brother, with no injuries i believe he takes haye too.
He might have knocked out chisora tonight, But i will say something, Chisora made a Ton of mistakes, he lacked a respectable jab, And was jumping in a lot too try smother haye.
Jump off the david haye band wagon fellas, He either goes into retirement or gets into another over hyped fight against an opponent thats deemed worlds best.
I cant see another rematch with the klistchkos to be honest, especially wlad.

Edit - Sorry i forgot too give haye some props , He does drum up a good fight, Has good speed and power too follow, and really showed class in his finishing off chisora, and his after fight presentation was real cool.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:58 pm 

Marciano wrote:
Guys i hate to be critical but best cruiserweight ever? I think david haye has had about a grand total of 6 or 7 world title fights in his career and how many of these were genuine threats
Maybe enzo mac? Jean mormeck? Nikolay valuev only based on his massive size yet lacklustre skillset?
And a loss too wladimir klistcho when he stepped up?
haye loses against wlad now for sure, And vitali being the bigger stronger brother, with no injuries i believe he takes haye too.
He might have knocked out chisora tonight, But i will say something, Chisora made a Ton of mistakes, he lacked a respectable jab, And was jumping in a lot too try smother haye.
Jump off the david haye band wagon fellas, He either goes into retirement or gets into another over hyped fight against an opponent thats deemed worlds best.
I cant see another rematch with the klistchkos to be honest, especially wlad.

Edit - Sorry i forgot too give haye some props , He does drum up a good fight, Has good speed and power too follow, and really showed class in his finishing off chisora, and his after fight presentation was real cool.

Ranking Haye among the best Cruiserweight's ever is fair - If you account for his ability at HW. Yes, he didn't fight Chisora or Valuev at CW, but it alludes to his ability as an exceptional fighter irrespective of weight. Haye gives away 30lbs in the HW division and still hammers the big fellas.

Holyfield's record has been tarnished by the ongoing - and credible - allegations of steroid abuse.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:14 am 

Vitali: Haye Had a Concrete Offer, He Picked Chisora

http://www.boxingscene.com/vitali-haye- ... ora--55069 ?

On the other hand Warren thinks Haye v. Vitali could happen at Wembley.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:50 am 

I'm a disappointed in Chisora. He got into good position but couldn't let his shots go.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:00 am 

Marciano wrote:

Btw, nobody said that. The best is always an odd discussion. But I surely rate him among THE men.
He best retire after beating Chisora.

Faust

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk