Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk

Post subject: Credit to Zab
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:31 pm 

I know this is slightly 'old news' now (i.e. 3 weeks), but since I'm new on here and didn't see it mentioned elsewhere, just thought I'd give credit to Zab Judah for his impressive domination of opponent Vernon Paris last month. Don't know if anyone else saw it, but thoroughly outclassed undefeated Paris from start to finish (9th round stoppage), and looked as quick & smooth as ever doing it. Some were writing ZJ off after his loss to Khan, but somehow he once again looked 'super'. Good for him.

“Let not the strong man boast of his strength.” – Jeremiah 9:23

Post subject: Re: Credit to Zab
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:17 am 

Hop wrote:
Some were writing ZJ off after his loss to Khan, but somehow he once again looked 'super'. Good for him.

I certainly didn't write Judah off after his loss to Khan. I had written him off years before that. :mozilla_wink: Trust me, when he's next up-against-it, he'll fold as usual and tons of his fans will say something along the lines of "if Zab was only more focused, he'd be invincible"

Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:37 am 

Philo Beddoe wrote:
Hop wrote:
Some were writing ZJ off after his loss to Khan, but somehow he once again looked 'super'. Good for him.

I certainly didn't write Judah off after his loss to Khan. I had written him off years before that. :mozilla_wink: Trust me, when he's next up-against-it, he'll fold as usual and tons of his fans will say something along the lines of "if Zab was only more focused, he'd be invincible"

Fair enough. Definitely did look focused vs. Paris.

“Let not the strong man boast of his strength.” – Jeremiah 9:23

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:35 am 

Wait until he fights someone with a bit of spine, he'll fold again!

He's not been the same fighter since Kostya made him do the chicken dance.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:59 pm 

I write anyone off once they lose to Khan. Low point of anyone's career.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:21 am 

Why does Khan get so much hate? I don't honestly understand it. He's a talented boxer with a crowd pleasing style. Alright he was hyped but he did win a silver the Olympics and gave Kindelan all he could handle in the final.... that's pretty damn good! Alright he whined after the Peterson loss. I can see that. But what else has he done that makes him so unpopular?

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:38 am 

For me it's just his attitude. Smug cocky motherfucker just rubs me the wrong way.
While he has "ACHIEVED" a lot, I don't think he EARNED it. I mean, who's he actually beat that's still any good? Barrera? Over the hill and he had to cheat to win. Malignaggi? Hit and miss at the best of times. Judah? Well, read the posts above for information on him.

Yes, he's a pretty decent boxer - fast and high work rate. But he's not a GREAT boxer, and he gets hyped to be and he THINKS he is. Like I said, it's just his attitude rubs me completely the wrong way. I was kinda on the fence about him until the Barrera fight when he completely disrespected one of the greats - it's unfortunate old age got to Barrera before Khan did, Khan might have learnt a thing or 2 if Barrera were 5-10 years younger.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:21 am 

Malignaggi is a very decent fighter. Judah is a cock but he's talented and Barrera... well, yeah he was over the hill but so what? The fight got made, he got paid well. Yuo can only beat who's in front of you and I don't see Khan as having made any egregious ducks of other fighters so far. He's been quite ready to face top level opposition it seems to me.

He's beaten some other excellent fighters already.... Maidana, Kotelnik and I tip him to take Peterson in the rematch. He'll get to Prescott I would have thought, although I think he's already shown that he has got a chin, even if it's never going to be James Toney solid.

I really, really don't get the smug cocky motherfucker thing at all. Alright he's got some faith in his abilities.... well so he should, he's achieved quite a bit for one so young and additionally, what professional boxer isn't cocky? You'd be a danger to yourself if you weren't, you need that attitude to survice in there.

Having said that though, in interviews he comes off as quite normal. He waits tables at his family's restaurant in between fights sometimes, that's not the act of a cocky person, surely???

Post Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:19 pm 

Brooklyn_teacher wrote:

Quote:
Why does Khan get so much hate?

Haters want to hate, simple as that.

H- Having
A- Anger
T- Towards
E- Everyone
R- Reaching
S- Success