Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk

Post subject: Re: The Resurrection
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:59 am 

Faust wrote:
Marciano wrote:
David haye best cruiserweight ever?

Btw, nobody said that. The best is always an odd discussion. But I surely rate him among THE men.
He best retire after beating Chisora.

Faust

This made me laugh.

Nice peaceful Press Conference and in walks Manuel Charr. 7 mins:

"Everybody hold onto your tripods".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btNABbbM7vQ

Post Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:11 pm 

Well, at least the meatball from Cologne didn't forget his visa for Great Britain! :mozilla_wink:

Faust

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:53 am 

Brazen wrote:
Holyfield's record has been tarnished by the ongoing - and credible - allegations of steroid abuse.

I could, of course, be wrong, but, I'd guess Evander was clean as a cruiser. He didn't start looking juiced until his 2nd fight w/ Bowe.

As for Haye, he's shown his skill level is well below Wlad's, and Vitali, like his fight against Chisora, could beat him one handed.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:05 am 

Clutch wrote:
As for Haye, he's shown his skill level is well below Wlad's, and Vitali, like his fight against Chisora, could beat him one handed.

Have to disagree with you there. Haye's not less skilled than either of the Klitschko brothers imho, he is simply physically at a disadvantage that his skill can't overcome. I mean Vitali is 6'7 and Wlad is 6'6 - both natural heavyweights.. Haye is 6'3 (which ain't small) but he's very small in the heavies, he gives up a lot of size to every opponent in the HW division. I mean, Chisora (6'1 btw) DWARFED Haye in this last fight.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:29 am 

Metherlance wrote:
Clutch wrote:

Have to disagree with you there. Haye's not less skilled than either of the Klitschko brothers imho, he is simply physically at a disadvantage that his skill can't overcome. I mean Vitali is 6'7 and Wlad is 6'6 - both natural heavyweights.. Haye is 6'3 (which ain't small) but he's very small in the heavies, he gives up a lot of size to every opponent in the HW division. I mean, Chisora (6'1 btw) DWARFED Haye in this last fight.

Agreed. 100%. Wlad and Vitali use their natural advantages to maximum effect. Take Wlad, holding your opponent every time he tries to fight inside isn't a great skill, but it's effective. Wlad and Vitali's range of punching is very narrow; jabs, the occasional right cross and hook. Haye's range of punching and foot-placement is very broad.

The K-Bros style of Boxing is the long-ball tactic in 'Soccer'. It's not pretty, or particularly skilled, but it's very effective. I'm a big fan by the way, but I don't see a gulf in class in contrast to Haye.

I wouldn't be surprised if Boxing introduces a new weight-division over the next decade. As we all know, the HW standard has been raised to 200lbs. If that happens again a new division will be born. For now we'll unofficially call them - The K-Bros, Price, Fury - the Super Heavyweight's.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:48 am 

Metherlance wrote:
...he is simply physically at a disadvantage that his skill can't overcome.

Exactly. There are plenty of smaller fighters who've used their athletic gifts to overcome much larger and more skilled opponents than the Klitschkos. Haye's got plenty of speed and power, but lacks the ability to execute a sound gameplan that effectively utilizes his attributes.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:19 am 

Clutch wrote:
Metherlance wrote:
...he is simply physically at a disadvantage that his skill can't overcome.

Exactly. There are plenty of smaller fighters who've used their athletic gifts to overcome much larger and more skilled opponents than the Klitschkos.

Uhm... I'm going to need examples here... For reference, Haye gave 30lbs (officially) away to Klitschko, and 37lbs to Chisora... I can't actually think of any world class fighters that give THAT much weight away and still win.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:21 am 

Not speaking in absolutes. Smaller fighters in general, i.e. Pacquiao, Armstrong, Frasier, Tyson, etc.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:18 pm 

As predicted --

Haye-Vitali in the pipeline for March

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/stor ... MP=OTC-RSS

"There is still a chance the fight will come, but not this year. It will probably be in England on pay-per-view next year, possibly in March." -- Bernd Boente

Post Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:13 pm 

Probably not worth a new thread, so I'll post The Saint here. George Groves is part of the Hayemaker team and has Adam Booth in his corner. Groves is clearly beginning to emulate Haye's style. For me, this is among his most impressive performance thus far --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LOrArrNeXE&sns=tw

Pretty fast for a white guy.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Boxing Talk