Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Weapons and Tactics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Aggressive dogs!?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:57 pm 

http://rutube.ru/tracks/2827449.html?v= ... start=3250

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:59 pm 

Thanks everybody for the information!

nice vid above. That's almost exactly how I would confront an aggressive dog instinctively.
After all, I'm stronger and heavier than any dog. There is still a risk with such countering and I want to minimize that.
Another question raised now is, does ammonia stop a dog or just distracts it for a while?
I don't want to just buy time, but end the threat and possibly not get caught in a dog infight with uncertain outcome.

A hammer is a nice idea, makes a fun toy at the playground as well...

Stones and sticks aren't usually at hand in the streets in Germany, our part of the country is quite clean and proper.

A nail gun would be ideal. But that could raise some trouble with the officials as I'm not a craftsman anymore.

Keep the good ideas coming!

Faust

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:16 am 

you can always grab a dog by it's front legs and pull them apart (out to the sides). dogs' legs are not intended to move that way and it will hurt them badly

Post Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:49 pm 

You can try this with the dog, you have curbs everywhere:

Just kidding :)

It isn’t about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:54 am 

^Not very funny, mate. Good movie, though.

Calgacus, thanks for some spot on, no yaddayadda advice.

Faust

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:16 pm 

Zero the Hero wrote:
Damn right with that last sentence. Fuck the law. You and your families welfare is more important than that. Do whatever it takes too protect you/them.

Without weapons use kicks to the ribs and throat. In close use punches to the nose and throat.

Also don't forget foot stomps. Even the biggest, scariest looking dog has tiny paws with little bones in it. A good hard stomp in close will shatter those little bones making Fido a cripple.

Then Mr.Trailer Park Trash will have too decide between spending money on vet bills or crystal meth. What a moral dilemma.

finnegan wrote:
Ammonia in a spray bottle. Defend your family at all costs no matter if the law tries to emasculate us.

i dont see how that works... how can you defend your family and be a good dad from inside a prison?

on a more helpful note, a strong kick to the face of a charging dog would defiantly do some damage, and like someone else said pull the front legs apart. apparently it wrecks the heart and is an instant death

Post Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 am 

^It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:17 am 

yanca wrote:
If a dog attacks me, I would pick a tile or stone from the street and break it on his head. You have to find "weapons" in the streets lol.

If you cant carry weapons, carry something like a hammer, its legal.

Wow. Thats tricky. I'de do like most are saying and try to see if pepper spray was legal where you live. I wouldnt just go trusting me and my babies life to a squirt gun with ammonia in it.

Maybe you can use a walking stick or something. Say that you have a bad leg and your knee hurts sometimes. I cant see how carrying a stick or cane would be illegal.

If you can opt for the peppper spray though, and carry it within the confines of the law (Which your obviously in fear or breaking, because you have a family and all and dont wanna get locked up.), then do that. Pepper spray is a great animal repellant.

I dont know. If I couldnt carry any kind of weapon, like a stick or pepper spray or a gun,
and my neighbor just let his vicious ass dog run loose... I'de just drop some tuna with anti freeze in it infront of his house... I mean, I know its wrong and cruel and what not, but if dudes not gonna contain his wild maniac beast of a dog, and your in fear of you and your childrens lives... Thats just what i'de do. I mean, i'de let him know first that his dog was intimidating me and scaring my kids when we tried to walk around the neigborhood. Its your neighborhood too and you have the right to feel safe man. You shouldnt have to worry about your kids playing outside.

Sometimes I feel like shooting at peoples cars that come speeding down my block. A little kid named Dillon was killed right infront of me three years ago on my road by a dude in a van going like 50mph in a 30mph zone. Then on top of that the mother fucker got time served because his family has pull around here. After fleeing the scene and telling his wife that he hit a deer on the way home, because he was washing blood off of his vehicle when he got home.

It would be better to take care of this diplomatically, but if that fails then get the police involved. If that doesnt work, that dog would wake up dead or disappear.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:22 am 

Calgacus wrote:
If you get time and dog is thinking and warming up to an attack take off jacket and wrap it around arm . Go into a foot forward fight stance for balance as charging dog leaps to bite the front offered wrappped arm and locks on to shake. Now with rear hand bring over and smash down a hard half brick or solid hand shaped beach rock suited for just this purpose to the top of head while dog is focused on front arm struggle ( carry one in base of buggy pram when out walking baby) Do not fight it or go to ground with it. Kill it outright with rock smashes to top of skull. It wont even see or know the rear hand was coming.

shock its brain instantly.

Take care of the little warrior until she can protect you, sorry to hear of this scare mate

This seems like the best option really. I mean, you can just hide the rock and say "It was on the ground." But, the hole in this plan is that, that all sounds easier said than done.

I mean, its all good to say "Yea, when the dog attacks do this step by step." But that really sounds like something that you'd need to practice. I mean, maybe your just some sort of super humam cold as ice mother fucker who can pull shit like that off at a moments notice, but i'm not.

Mace sounds good, or a stick. Put some distance between me and him. Animals are fast man, and really, really fucking mean. People cant harness that kind of viciousness, as far as I know. Dont engage in a rock fight with a dog unless there is just no other way around it.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:05 pm 

A LOT of my kids are in houses with pit bulls or live around them in their neighborhoods and I've seen some pretty tremendous dog bites. A student of mine actually recomended the above strategy as the best way to neutralize a large and aggressive dog. It was pretty eerie hearing a 12 year old kid drop that information in a matter of fact way, let me tell you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Weapons and Tactics