Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Weapons and Tactics

Post subject: Aggressive dogs!?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:55 am 

Hi everybody,

I'd like to ask the knowledgeable people here how to defend against aggressive dogs.
The other day I was walking my 10 month baby girl in here stroller and there was this big dobermann showing his fangs into my direction about 20 metres away. The damn dog was on the street without the owner in sight. I don't even want to imagine the creature attacking us and me rolling on the ground with it trying to break his neck at all costs.
Unfortunately carrying weapons is strictly forbidden in my country (although I consider a sharp dog as such).
So what would you do in case?
I'd feel more comfortable being prepared and my little swiss knife is more of a joke.

Ideas appreciated.

Faust

Post subject: Re: Aggressive dogs!?
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:30 am 

Ammonia in a spray bottle. Defend your family at all costs no matter if the law tries to emasculate us.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:31 am 

Maybe try a squirt gun with ammonia in it.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:42 am 

Damn right with that last sentence. Fuck the law. You and your families welfare is more important than that. Do whatever it takes too protect you/them.

Without weapons use kicks to the ribs and throat. In close use punches to the nose and throat.

Also don't forget foot stomps. Even the biggest, scariest looking dog has tiny paws with little bones in it. A good hard stomp in close will shatter those little bones making Fido a cripple.

Then Mr.Trailer Park Trash will have too decide between spending money on vet bills or crystal meth. What a moral dilemma.

finnegan wrote:
Ammonia in a spray bottle. Defend your family at all costs no matter if the law tries to emasculate us.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:01 am 

In Australia one of the lawful reasons for carrying pepper spray is if you have a legitimate fear of being attacked by an animal. I live in an area notorious for dogs on the loose, my wife and I have been attacked before when we were out walking our dog (I think we're the only people that still use a leash), and my neighbour has kids who have been attacked before.

Look into whether or not pepper spray is legal. Ammonia is probably a good idea. Avoid getting physical with an aggressive animal at all costs, you will inevitably come off worse.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:16 am 

http://www.lwcbooks.com/books/ebookdog.html

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm 

If a dog attacks me, I would pick a tile or stone from the street and break it on his head. You have to find "weapons" in the streets lol.

If you cant carry weapons, carry something like a hammer, its legal.

It isn’t about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:04 pm 

Unfortunately in some countries it is illegal to carry a common household object if you intend to use it as a weapon. Some care is needed to ensure you have a valid reason for carrying whatever it is you decide to use.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:55 am 

The dogs that have run at me while I was walking or running down the street usually stop dead in their tracks when you thow a handfull of the small gravel stones at them. Be ready to follow up with something else.

Proverbs 27:17

Post Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:59 am 

Good thread. I started a similar one a while back called "Ever been charged by a dog." Honestly, here in SoCali it's a VERY common situation to deal with.

Have fun fighting off a pitbull or a crazy hybrid.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » Weapons and Tactics