Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » General Discussion » Current Events

Post subject: Uploading avatar, getting notified on posts
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:04 am 

I didn't know where else to post this, but how do I upload my avatar pics and how to I make it where I am notified of answers to my posts, and new posts to stuff I posted on? Please help me out on this.

Post subject: Re: Uploading avatar, getting notified on posts
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:46 pm 

Go in to User Control Panel and click on profile on the options that come up on the left hand side then click on edit avatar. You then either upload it from your machine or type in the URL for the image you want to use. There's a size restriction tho' it has to be 100px by 100px so you might have to shrink it down to use it.

To be notified about replies go in to Board Preferences on the user control panel and then click on Edit Posting Defaults, there's a small radio button on the bottom option "Notify Me On Replies By Default" click on yes for that and that should be it. :mozilla_smile:

If you want to be notified of new posts being made to a particular topic you have to subscribe to that topic and you'll automatically receive all the replies. To subscribe to a topic or forum go in to that topic or forum click on it and there's a small bit at the top that'll say "subscribe topic" or "subscribe forum"

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:37 am 

Thanks man. I still am having trouble with my pics , but I'll figure it out. Thanks a lot for your help.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:37 am 

snowlion wrote:
Thanks man. I still am having trouble with my pics , but I'll figure it out. Thanks a lot for your help.

What's the trouble with the pics and i'll see if i can help you? If the pic is not the right size it won't go on.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:02 am 

How can I find pics that are the right size? Nothing I find is the right size apparently. I look on yahoo for snow leopard pics and none of them work. I try to change the pixel size and that doesn't work. I don't know what else to do. I want to put a pic of a snow leopard up. Otherwise Boba fett. If not than screw it.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:14 am 

snowlion wrote:
How can I find pics that are the right size? Nothing I find is the right size apparently. I look on yahoo for snow leopard pics and none of them work. I try to change the pixel size and that doesn't work. I don't know what else to do. I want to put a pic of a snow leopard up. Otherwise Boba fett. If not than screw it.

Yeah you'll never find the pics with the dimensions to fit. What you have to do is re-size them using some kind of image manipulation suite. Do you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager? that has a function to re-size pics in it. If not you'll have to down load PaintNet or Gimp or Irfanview. These are all image manipulation tools that have resizing functions built in to them.

Here's a link to PaintNet actually a really cool thing to have anyway as you can make a load of cool digital artwork for stuff. Look into Gimp and Irfanview as well they basically all do the same thing. They're all free of charge.

http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Actually maybe this one would be better for you.

http://download.cnet.com/FastStone-Photo-Resizer/3000-2192_4-10319476.html

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:25 am 

I am going to try that. That's exactly what I needed to know. Sometimes this internet shit takes figuring out. You'll know if it worked if I ever get my snowleopard pics up. Or Boba Fett. Thank you for your help. :mozilla_smile:

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:44 am 

snowlion wrote:
I am going to try that. That's exactly what I needed to know. Sometimes this internet shit takes figuring out. You'll know if it worked if I ever get my snowleopard pics up. Or Boba Fett. Thank you for your help. :mozilla_smile:

That's good. You'll be able to make any pic to size with that Faststone photo re-sizer. It's the best for that and you can do little things as well to adjust pics.

The PaintNet thing is great too but is more for creating banners and digital art.

Yeah you would never find any pics that are the right size to upload as an Avatar, they're usually much bigger than that and that's even the smallest one's.

Everyone who's using Avatar's has probably some software or program on their PC to re-size their pics.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:50 am 

They won't let me download that at the library where I use the net. Screw it. Thanks for all your help though.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 am 

snowlion wrote:
They won't let me download that at the library where I use the net. Screw it. Thanks for all your help though.

What about Microsoft Office Picture Manager? most PC's have that in the Microsoft suite. It's got a resize function in it.

Board index » RossTraining.com Forums » General Discussion » Current Events