The Champ Is Here

Those who follow the site know that April was a rough month for me. At the time, I wrote a tribute for my dogs as both died within a week of each other. Following that piece, I received what must have been hundreds of emails. A few are still trickling in. I actually received an email about the dogs just this morning.

Fortunately, I have some good news to share. The RossTraining team has a new member. His name is Champ and he’s doing great. He’s only two months old but he’s a quick learner. It didn’t take him long to find a comfortable spot in the gym for afternoon naps.

In summary, I appreciate all the messages that have come in over the past few months. All is well here in the gym and I look forward to updating the site with more useful content within the next few days.

If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello. – Paulo Coelho

1. John Bohlig June 4th, 2013 6:39 pm

A wonderful and mature way to deal with grief! Good for You and Champ!!!

2. Adam June 4th, 2013 8:45 pm

What a happy looking puppy :D

3. Hop June 4th, 2013 10:04 pm

Awww … reminds me how at the end of “Old Yeller” a new, darling little puppy is introduced. I hope that “Champ” brings you many more joyful moments, Ross, as did his worthy predecessors.

4. Eric June 5th, 2013 6:28 pm

Beautiful color. Seeing how well you took care of your other dogs lets me know that this one is going to make a gorgeous dog. Enjoy your handsome new friend. I don’t envy the housebreaking routine if “Champ” is going to stay indoors. For some reason I’ve always had an easier time housebreaking males than females, don’t have an answer for it. Congrats on the new addition.

5. dmitry June 5th, 2013 6:46 pm

oh! that little cutie “champ”. cheers!

6. Curtis June 6th, 2013 7:50 am

Congratulations on your new puppy. It is sad when pets pass, but it is always an opportunity to obtain a new life friend. The next one is always different from the last, and can never replace him, but will add to your life in different ways.

Training a strong dog is a real joy and has taught me much about leadership and manhood.

Happy training,
    Curtis

7. Tim D June 6th, 2013 2:47 pm

Congrats on the new dog. I feel it’s almost impossible to live without a dog in my life. Their unconditional love and loyalty know no bounds. We can learn a lot from them.

8. Mike June 6th, 2013 5:08 pm

We’ve got 3 dogs and I can’t imagine what it will be like losing them…they’re family! Very sad story about your dogs passing a week from each other, but I’m glad you found a new friend in Champ!

9. Ron June 6th, 2013 11:39 pm

Great looking dog. Congrats. Looks like he is going to be full of fun. Hopefully you’ll enjoy many happy hours with Champ as you did with your previous dogs.

10. tom June 7th, 2013 3:13 am

oh cute looking dog!

11. Sean June 8th, 2013 11:18 am

Happy for you Ross. Looks like Champ will be a great addition to the Ross training team for many years to come.

12. Kevin June 9th, 2013 8:00 am

Congrats on the addition to the family! Here’s to a long, loving relationship full of joy for all.

13. Jeremy June 10th, 2013 3:43 am

Hey Ross,

The pup looks great! It is awesome that he has found his napping place in the gym. There is nothing better than sweating bullets and glancing over to see your best bud snoozing away. Happy for you!

14. John B. June 10th, 2013 5:16 am

Very cute pup!! Champ looks like he will bring alot of happiest to the gym.