CT Fletcher Dropping Knowledge

Below is a brief video of former powerlifting champion CT Fletcher (foul language included). Throughout the video, CT shares many of his thoughts after years in the trenches. This is a man filled with old school knowledge and experience. He is as real as they come. You won’t find any sugar coating here. CT speaks his mind and tells it like it is. I particularly enjoyed his rant at the 8:15 mark.

Many folks could benefit from his simple message. If you want to get in shape, go get in shape. Regardless of your goals, the path to achieve them isn’t nearly as complicated as many would like you to believe. Don’t get lost in the bogus marketing and complexity of today’s fitness industry. It seems like every day brings about a new certification from people who wouldn’t last a day in the gym with an old school lifter like CT Fletcher.

If there is anyone that you should be listening to, it is someone who has been there and done that. CT Fletcher hasn’t just been in the trenches, he is still there.

The person who is waiting for something to turn up might start with their shirt sleeves. – Garth Henrichs

1. John January 21st, 2013 2:31 pm

It’s still your mutherf@ckin’ set! Let’s get it done! HELL YEAH!

2. Frankiegee January 21st, 2013 5:08 pm

I love it –that’s a great metaphor for life.

3. Yag January 22nd, 2013 2:48 am

I’m struggling for a way to say what I need to say without being disrespectful or hurtful. I love what Ross does and have been uplifted by his example, and the stories he recounts via video and text etc, too many times to count. I have never commented here before but rather felt more comfortable just learning and focusing on being better myself- being humbled by many of the wonderful stories I’ve seen here.

But something made me feel a need to comment after watching this video, in particular, and reading the comments on Facebook, and the few here. I had to wonder if I’m alone in being troubled- troubled by trends that have led to the ends being justified by any and all means, outright lying about PED use, arrogance rather than humility, loudness over thoughtfulness, flash over substance etc. I see people buying into the falsehoods perpetrated by those who would have you believe some flashy curse words and mention of hard work are what make them “successful” and you not. Lance Armstrong comes to mind…

And I go back to some of the other stories here that are so inspiring, so powerful, and so genuine that maybe they make this video stand out in such a glaring way.

I’ll end with this- I once had a very wise and respected man give me the honor of his time and attention. Being aware of his experience, I wanted to be respectful but had some difficult questions of my own. So, I asked him how far I could go without him being offended by my blunt curiosity. He told me that “honesty is respect”, and in a mere second I no longer feared that seeking the truth could ever be disrespectful.

So, I mean no disrespect in my honest questioning of the value of this, and many other, examples. Those that are genuine, many of which are here posted by Ross, continue to inspire! Respectfully- YAG

4. Richard W. January 22nd, 2013 6:16 am

yeah the “20 minute” anything is a crock was great. The amount of people that think they can workout for 20 or 30 minutes and get incredible results is staggering! Did they get good at their day job working 20 miutes a day at it? Or better yet did they get fat and out of shape in 20 minutes a day?! Great stuff.

5. Hop January 22nd, 2013 8:21 pm

First of all, I felt that Yag expressed himself (above) with utmost carefulness and respect. People who care that much about communicating in the right spirit are all too few in our culture, I think.

As for this video, one could nitpick, but that’s almost always the case, and if that’s all someone did they would fail to grasp that which of genuine worth (and I found a significant amount — separating the hay from the sticks.

As a former minister myself, what grieved my heart was hearing about the abuse he suffered at the hands of his hypocritical father. Scars given in the name of Christ are some of the deepest there are. I know we’re only hearing one side, but I tend to believe it.

6. YAG January 24th, 2013 7:28 pm

A friend happened to post this right after I made my comments above. It does a good job of expressing some of the things I tried to write about this video:

“Did you know the people that are the strongest are usually the most sensitive? Did you know the people who exhibit the most kindness are the first to get mistreated? Did you know the one who takes care of others all the time are usually the ones who need it the most? Did you know the 3 hardest things to say are I love you, I’m sorry, and Help me. Sometimes just because a person looks happy, you have to look past their smile and see how much pain they may be in. To all my friends who are going through some issues right now–Let’s start an intention avalanche. We all need positive intentions right now. If I don’t see your name, I’ll understand. May I ask my friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to give a moment of support to all those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, worries of any kind and just need to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. I hope to see this on the walls of all my friends just for moral support. I know some will!! I did it for a friend and you can too. You have to copy & paste this one, no share button’”

7. Rolando Manso January 27th, 2013 10:29 pm

That was very motivational. I’m not sure if I missed something based on what others are posting in comments. My take away was this: It is better to die doing what you love than live on your knees and any goal worth reaching takes hard work. I think everyone needs to be reminded that from time to time because we forget that we are all temporary.

8. Snowlion February 3rd, 2013 4:18 am

Ross. Do you believe this guy is or ever was drug free? I do not believe it for one instant myself. In your experience what are the odds that he is not?

9. Nino February 26th, 2013 10:52 pm

First of all everyone here is freaking complaining about whether Fletcher is drug free or not which disappoints me.
    watch the mans videos on you tube do your research then judge
    him my opinion is that he is clean are you I AM.

10. John March 8th, 2013 3:04 am

To YAG,

The basis of success is and always will be hard work. You say those at the top mislead about what it takes to be successful and this is true. However in fitness it is possible to create a jaw dropping physique without taking drugs. You just will never be Mr. Olympia. Always remember my friend. Hard work.

ps – Arthur Saxon bent pressed 370lbs, obviously without steroids, they didn’t exist.

11. Tuleman April 8th, 2013 3:25 pm

100% agree with the ’20 minute’ training comment by CT…if one is looking to quickly grow muscle mass & impressive size. But “huge” doesn’t mean “fit” in many instances and good health is about balance (endurance, strength, flexibility). The info-mmertials stuff up a lot of credibility of short training sessions! 20-30 minutes of high intensity training 5-6 days a week with a proper diet can yield fantastic results & quickly turn around a persons health

12. serge souprayen April 11th, 2013 11:45 am

I do believe that this guy is natural, don’t forget that he is training for 30 years now and not 3 years

13. RossTraining.com Blog May 8th, 2013 4:41 am

[...] is yet another entertaining video from CT Fletcher. If you haven’t heard of him before, be aware that he’s known to drop a few f-bombs [...]

14. Eric May 8th, 2013 6:50 pm

“Which one of you motherf**kers is coming in second” teehee. Priceless