Korean Judo Master – Age 64

Below is a video of a 64 year old man who is more physically capable than most people half his age.

As he works through a series of exercises, you will see that he does not need fancy equipment to showcase his strength. Such a display not only highlights the body’s ability to maintain strength, but also that one can do well without an elaborate facility.

I have seen plenty of young athletes and trainers with access to much more equipment who cannot perform a fraction of what this man does with ease.

Age to me means nothing. I can’t get old; I’m working. I was old when I was twenty-one and out of work. As long as you’re working, you stay young. When I’m in front of an audience, all that love and vitality sweeps over me and I forget my age. – George Burns

1. Eric September 15th, 2012 3:20 pm

Absolutely amazing routine. I would be impressed even if this guy was twenty-five, but when you consider he’s sixty-four years old that makes those feats extraordinary.

2. [...] See the original post: Judo Blog on: Noel: Korean Judo Master – Age 64 [...]

3. Rocky September 16th, 2012 12:49 pm

Very cool. Definitely takes away the doubts and fears of getting old. Reminds me to just keep training, and everything will be alright.

4. Charles Knapp September 16th, 2012 4:56 pm

That’s fickin’ awesome. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes. Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.

5. Keith Norris September 23rd, 2012 1:28 pm

Right on! Age is just a number, no more. Never fall for the conventional BS of being limited by your age. I’d like to shake this guy’s hand for giving the middle finger to conventional “wisdom”, i.e., herd mentality. He looks to be good for another 64 at least!

Keith

6. Rasul November 13th, 2013 12:26 pm

I’m 52 and figure I’m in pretty good shape, but watching this man lets me know I have work to do. Very inspiring.

7. RossTraining.com Blog February 15th, 2014 10:34 am

[...] Korean Judo Master – Age 64 [...]

8. Brandon June 6th, 2014 1:58 pm

His skill in judo, probably negates any strength and conditioning advantages one might have anyways, but for going on 65 that is not bad.

9. Kirk June 6th, 2014 3:15 pm

wow, very impressive. Congratulations. I might be a bit concerned about flexion of the lumbar spine on those leg lifts. Still, amazing.