Standing Rollouts At Age 60

Below is a video of a man doing 60 rollouts on his 60th birthday. And while I’ve already seen a few Youtube comments questioning the man’s form, there is no denying that rolling the wheel out continuously for five minutes from the standing position requires a tremendous amount of strength and endurance. This man is capable of more at age 60 than plenty of men half his age.

For those interested in progressing from a kneeling to standing rollout, take a look at the link below for one useful option:

1. Danny August 11th, 2012 7:21 pm

Wow…wish i could do that from my knees! those youtube commentators/critics should read some of the quotes from Ross’s Quotes Compilation Video about critics.

2. Dirk August 11th, 2012 7:34 pm

Straight arms or not, he is doing at least full ROM roll outs from stand to stand compare to other people. Great strength.

3. Eric August 12th, 2012 12:27 pm

There is also a vid of a 71 year old man doing full standing rollouts on Youtube. Has anyone ever taken a look at the “form” experts that inhabit gyms. Sometimes their criticism has some validity, but more often than not they haven’t a clue about what they’re talking about. As bad as the gym environment is for attracting these know-it-alls, multiply that times a hundred for the clowns who type out their opinions on Youtube, sometimes seriously, or sometimes just using a perfect opportunity to build up their fragile self-esteem throught criticizing others. Most of the critics probably couldn’t do a full straight arm rollout from the kneeling position if they had to, and are probably half this guys age or even younger.

4. Dennis Blair @ Fort Collins Personal Trainer August 12th, 2012 11:26 pm

Really awesome! He’s doing 60 rollouts at an age of 60 and I can’t even do 5 rollouts at an age of 25.Thumbs up for him.

5. Soul ja August 13th, 2012 1:11 am

Looks like he’s got another 40 more rollouts in him, the guys a machine

6. Rolando Manso August 13th, 2012 7:20 am

Absolutely inspiring! I have to repost on my blog. This is what is possible after midlife if the will is strong. Thanks for sharing.

7. BeachBody Coach August 13th, 2012 8:23 am

wow… i sure hope I can do that at age 60

8. Jared August 14th, 2012 1:08 am

He’s making me feel tied watching him. If I’m like that at 60 I’ll be impressed, he’s made me want to work out more!

9. raef August 16th, 2012 4:33 am

awesome video !

10. NeilD August 17th, 2012 12:57 am

Thats amazing, good on the man… wish I could do them at 30 nevermind 60! Screw the youtube haters.

11. Justin kerns August 19th, 2012 1:50 pm

This man is a BEAST!!! Much respect!!! This is my goal for when I’m this age I’m 27 now. I want to be in my 70′s or 80′s still mobile and independent.