Simple Drills For Coordination Development

Below is a new video tutorial where I demonstrate a few simple drills that can be performed to develop attributes such as hand-eye coordination.

One day of practice is like one day of clean living. It doesn’t do you any good. – Abe Lemmons

1. Stan Martin August 4th, 2012 8:47 am

Great tips. Ross never seems to run out of ideas.

2. Carl August 4th, 2012 12:19 pm

Ross – I was very impressed with your ball skills. These drills will really help my beginning tennis students. So many kids these days just don’t develop ball game skills, many can’t even throw a ball properly.

3. Eric August 4th, 2012 12:42 pm

Great video! Excellent tips on an often neglected aspect of fitness. Unless you’re a competitve athlete most people put little thought or time into improving things like eye and hand coordination, working their non-dominant side, agility, etc. After working on cardio, strength and flexibility most people don’t think about using these type of drills. Many of the old-time fighters and wrestlers would often play handball as part of their training routine.

4. David [UK] August 4th, 2012 4:45 pm

Interesting video.

When playing about with these kinds of drills, I am convinced that I can actually feel my brain “tingling”.

5. mharden August 9th, 2012 11:08 am

cool drills man, i actually have a concrete pillar in my condo that i can do this against, gonna just need to go steal another one more tennis ball from the park, haha.

i never thought about throwing 2 balls with one hand then catching with both, i really like that one!

6. bpackard August 10th, 2012 4:29 am

Ross, great video. Thanks! It seems like this type of work has huge payoffs for martial arts and, and pretty much any sport. Let us know if you come across any similar drills for the feet to get better at soccer, kicking, etc.