Never Leave The Playground

Below is one of the best videos I’ve come across on Youtube. Take a look as 71 year old Stephen Jepson shares several unique ways to delay the aging process. He’s essentially built a homemade playground to improve balance, stability, and coordination.

Regardless of your age, you can surely find a few useful and enjoyable ideas to add to your regular routine.

We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. – George Bernard Shaw

1. Jesse July 25th, 2012 7:27 am

Awesome. I’ve already linked the vid to 4 friends.

2. Caleb July 25th, 2012 10:02 am

This might be the coolest thing I’ve ever seen on the web.

3. Gary Conway July 25th, 2012 12:52 pm

Brilliant vid. His coordination is fantastic. I hope I’m that alive at his age

4. Gavin July 25th, 2012 1:00 pm

Wow – huge respect, and you nailed it with George Bernard Shaw’s fantastic summing up of the aging process. I like “use it or lose it – but don’t abuse it”.

5. Thomas July 25th, 2012 1:41 pm

Awesome. Thanks for sharing Ross! :)

6. Eric July 25th, 2012 5:51 pm

This is so true. I’m 20 years younger than Mr. Jepson but already I’ve noted that my balance, stability, and coordination sure ain’t what it used to be in my 20′s and 30′s, hell even in my forties. While my strength hasn’t decreased that much due to working out with weights and bodyweight exercises, I’m sure my problems are due to the fact that I’m no longer “playing” sports or other recreational activities that promote “balance” “stability” and “coordination.” While playing baseball and/or softball I made myself into a switch hitter and would sometimes toss a football lefthanded just for the hell of it. Sure exercises like pistols will test your balance and stability, and maybe there are plenty of exercises that will test coordination, but nothing works better on these attributes than sporting or recreational activities.

7. John D July 26th, 2012 9:32 am

WOW,,,,, just loved the videos… you are THE MAN!

8. sean July 27th, 2012 9:28 am

Inspiring, creative, ingenious, forever youthful. The world needs more people like him. An unquenchable, playful spirit…

9. chris July 27th, 2012 11:29 am

Watched this with my son, both of us blown away by it – age is just a number!

10. Kevin July 28th, 2012 8:50 pm

Great video. Makes me feel downright sluggish after watching it, which tells me I really need to up my game. lol
    Thanks for posting it, Ross!

11. Frankiegee July 29th, 2012 8:43 am

Wow — this video changed my life

12. Emil Svensson August 14th, 2012 5:16 am

The video has been taken down due to copyright claims. I found two alternative versions:

13. [...] Never Leave the Playground – Another inspiring video highlighted by Ross Enamait.  Age is just a number, and if you’re willing and able, you can find away to keep moving well into ripe old age. [...]

14. Brent October 4th, 2012 8:44 am

If you visit the website:
    You can vide the Growingbolder video there, and buy his full version in both DVD and MP4 for download.
    Thanks!