Isometric Training – New Video

Below is a new video tutorial that shows a homemade isometric training device.  The same device was discussed on the blog in early 2009 (here).  Within the original entry, you will also find links to several isometric books (full electronic books, free to view).

For more homemade equipment ideas, please refer to the link below:

Homemade Exercise Equipment Archives

1. Michael May 4th, 2011 10:12 am

This version of isometric equipment was amazing! Personally I would include a long bar to work on my Squating tecnique/strength ( which I will do!)

Thanks again Ross for your amazing blog! :)

2. Jonathan May 4th, 2011 12:02 pm

I read through the preview to the Bruce Lee book linked to the original post and it struck me as amazing how much of what he was incorporating in his routines during the 1960′s and 70′s are now supported by scientific research.

After some more reading I also noticed how much what he was doing resembles your (Ross’s) approach to fitness. Great minds think alike I suppose.

3. Zach May 4th, 2011 3:08 pm

Were did you get the high tension coils and how much tension do they supply?

Thanks for the great idea!

4. BSW May 5th, 2011 6:55 am

Awesome Ross.

I am giving up my gym membership soon for a full train at home option and this is definately a must have tool.

5. admin May 6th, 2011 7:58 am

@Zach – Refer to the original entry. All of the relevant info is included within:

6. Jade May 8th, 2011 1:56 pm

I’m going to start including isometrics as well. I’m playing around with the idea of using the straps from my suspension training system anchored in different ways for the purpose of isometrics.

7. Ronald Pettersen May 17th, 2011 9:09 am

Hi Ross!

Great tutorial! One little piece of feedback though.
    My hairy arms suffered from attaching the coil to the handle. Mooving the coil to the base allowed me to keep more hair on my forearms :)

And when one of the coils got ran over, I found that a piece of rubber mooring line shock absorber works well http://www.biltema.no/no/Bat/Tau/Fortoyning/Fortoyningsfjar1/

8. Steve March 9th, 2012 5:02 pm

Awesome video. The springs definitively involve the collaterals much more.

9. Phil May 16th, 2012 5:03 am

Hi Ross, many thanks for your creation of a brilliant piece of apparatus,im so pleased to have found your site, im 62 now ross spent most of my life in gyms, but this has given me all the exercises i need. many thanks for a wonderful idea. Phil.

10. isometrisches training November 16th, 2013 1:58 am